DRUPAL 8.0 has just been released

Status
Not open for further replies.

jensen

Reaction score
Am celebrating the release of DRUPAL 8.0 and was thinking of installing it here on the free hosting.

Would the requirements of DRUPAL 8.0 be met by the free hosting server?

Thanks.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

Although I haven't tried Drupal 8, the system requirements look fine for our free hosting service. Go for it! :)

jensen

Reaction score
Thank you support ninja! Will write back if there are slow downs or warnings that pop up.

jensen

Reaction score
Hi I'm back with an error message.

"Your PHP installation is too old. Drupal requires at least PHP 5.5.9. See the system requirements page for more information."

Drupal 8:
  • MySQL 5.5.3/MariaDB 5.5.20/Percona Server 5.5.8 or higher with PDO and an InnoDB-compatible primary storage engine,
  • PostgreSQL 9.1.2 or higher with PDO,
  • SQLite 3.6.8 or higher
  • Drupal 8: PHP 5.5.9 or higher

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi jensen,

Your account was set to use PHP 5.4 instead of PHP 5.5. I have changed the version for you (as bdistler said); please give it another try. ;)

Thank you,

jensen

Reaction score
Thank you support ninja Dead-i

New message -
PHP OPcode caching Not enabled
PHP OPcode caching can improve your site's performance considerably. It ishighly recommended to have OPcacheinstalled on your server.

I hit "continue anyway" and it just went on to install.

And it threw up a whole list of "errors" starting with
Error
The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.
Drupal\Core\Config\UnmetDependenciesException: Configuration objects (block.block.bartik_account_menu, yadayadayada....

Dear support team, please let me know if I should stop trying. Don't want to mess up the excellent server uptime here at x10hosting.

Last edited:

cjptomas80

Reaction score
I tried to install drupal 8 using default extension php 5.5 except opcache enable. I follow instruction from drupal.org site, unfortunately I dint get the Welcome message that I successfully installed it instead I get a messy appearance unlike in local development on xampp . I use the same archive i get from drupal on both installation. Anyway I will attempt to install drupal8.

Successfully installed and hosted here version RC1, RC2 and RC3
Messy CSS and failed to complete final step RC4 , and Drupal 8.0.0.
All followed the same procedure even the username.

I don't know if this error is server side or drupal itself or myself but I stick for RC3 installation for now.

Last edited:

jensen

Reaction score
Manage to install drupal 8.0.0 on another host after a few tries.
Now coming back here to do a fresh install with the experience there.

EDIT: Yippee! Drupal 8.0.0 finally done! http://gears4ears.x10host.com/
Opps! It is installed but the CSS does not respond.

Message now says - Redirects to external URLs are not allowed by default, use \Drupal\Core\Routing\TrustedRedirectResponse for it.

Last edited:

nickwolt41

Reaction score
I'm having the exact same problems as @jensen.

I had gotten all excited after seeing that Drupal 8 is finally stable, and tried to install it, only to be greeted with a page whose CSS had not loaded for some reason, and that "Redirects to external URLs are not allowed by default, use \Drupal\Core\Routing\TrustedRedirectResponse for it." error.

Tried installing Drupal another time, same problems. What's going on here?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, you can enable OPCache by following these steps:

1. Log in at https://x10hosting.com/sso/login
  2. Click on the blue "Open cPanel" button
  3. Scroll down to the "Software/Services" section and click on "Select PHP Version"
  4. Tick the box next to "opcache"
You can also change the PHP version on the same page (in the dropdown at the top).

jensen

Reaction score
Hi @nickwolt41

Found my frustrations in this 2011 post in DRUPAL forums - https://groups.drupal.org/node/136294

Guess I know why I've been sticking with WordPress since 2010. LOL.

Tried to install Drupal 8.0.0 and it just proves that WordPress community got it right! Thumbs up to them. Kept hearing about how powerful DRUPAL is. How that DRUPAL is providing the logo bricks of any website you want. But the problem is, I cannot even get the website to install "error free" :)

My apologies for using so many "I"'s in one post.

Maybe am just installing DRUPAL 8.0.0 because I can. (but it seems I can't) LOL.

cjptomas80

Reaction score
Install Drupal 8.0 Release Candidate 3 here in x10hosting and it will install completely fine compare to the Official Release of Drupal 8.0. But after installation when you post something or just logout yourself you will always get this message "Redirects to external URLs are not allowed by default, use \Drupal\Core\Routing\TrustedRedirectResponse for it."

I will try other Drupal 8 Distribution.

EDIT: I give up. Waiting for one click install on Softaculous.

Last edited:

jensen

Reaction score
Attached is a screen shot of drupal 8.0.0 fully installed but without content. on another host. So am trying to figure out why I can't get it working here. More like training my trouble shooting than showing off drupal skills. LOL

Attachments

• drupal8_complete.png
    drupal8_complete.png
    47.3 KB · Views: 5

cjptomas80

Reaction score
Attached is a screen shot of drupal 8.0.0 fully installed but without content. on another host. So am trying to figure out why I can't get it working here. More like training my trouble shooting than showing off drupal skills. LOL

in other host you still get the ""Redirects to external URLs are not allowed by default, use \Drupal\Core\Routing\TrustedRedirectResponse for it." error, I didn't try other host only here and local host desktop pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.