Help with Open eShop, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudomanx

Reaction score
Hi y'all,

I'm currently evaluating the Open eShop software for use in an upcoming project. It appears to handle all of the project requirements without needing any customization. I installed it through Softaculous on my free X10 hosting account.

I am receiving several errors from the software. Does anybody here have any experience with getting this script working properly? I would appreciate any hints on this one.

Thanks!

sudomanx

Reaction score
I get the following errors:
  • Call to undefined function geoip_country_code_by_addr()
  • <?php defined('SYSPATH') OR die('No direct script access.'); ?>
The first one causes error pages throughout (trying to create a new user account, trying to print order receipts, etc.), and referred me to the system log which listed the second the error.

caftpx10

Reaction score
Make sure the 'geoip' module is enabled in 'PHP Selector' on cPanel.

sudomanx

Reaction score
Hmmm... I was looking through the eShop settings and found one for "GeoIP" labeled "geoip.custom_directory" with "no value" as a setting for both local and global settings. Should this be set to a specific directory on the server? If so, which one?

sudomanx

Reaction score
I finally got this thing to work.

I reset my PHP settings by clicking "Use default" - counter-intuitively this disabled geoip, among other things, and things started working correctly.

I don't remember why I had changed the settings before (the fact that everything else still works means it might have been an older script), but I'll leave it at defaults until otherwise needed.

Issue resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.