How to Link Domain to X10 site

Status
Not open for further replies.

leemonst

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to X10hosting and created a site, but am a little fuzzy on how to link it to a domain name I own. I have updated the name servers with my registrar to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com, but how does that link specifically to my http://leemonster.x10host.com/ site?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lee

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi Lee,

Once you have set these nameservers, you would need to add your domain as a parked or addon domain in your cPanel. ;)

Thank you,

cncmachine2u

Reaction score
Well, first of all, you will need to know how to write your own HTML code (and any other codes you might want to use on your site).

leemonst

Reaction score
Hi Lee,

Once you have set these nameservers, you would need to add your domain as a parked or addon domain in your cPanel. ;)

Thank you,

Thanks Dead-i,

Follow up question(s)...

My domain I want to link is troop24wi.org, do I enter the full domain name for the addon or just troop24wi?

Also, once I add it, how to I move the site files I already built with sitebuilder on the leemonster.x10hosting.com domain to the troop24wi.org addon?

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

You would need to enter the full domain (troop24wi.org). If you are looking to mirror what is on your x10host.com domain to your .org domain, I recommend you add it as a Parked Domain rather than an Addon Domain. If you want the websites to be different, you can add it as an Addon Domain instead, and then move over your files from "public_html" to the addon domain's root directory. If you're using the site builder, there is also a "Backup/Restore" feature (under Publish) you can use to move the site over. ;)

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.