Cpanel login attempt leads to "Secure Connection Failed" error page

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezbydesi

Reaction score
This just began in the last day or so. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I had no trouble a couple of days ago.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

What URL are you seeing the SSL error message at, exactly? I can't see any problems with the SSL certificate on xo1's cPanel, so I'm not so sure why you would be seeing this.

Thank you,

ezbydesi

Reaction score
I'm not either. It was fine a couple of days ago, but now I receive the error message at https://xo1.x10hosting.com:2083/login/ which reads:
Secure Connection Failed

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

ezbydesi

Reaction score
Hi,

What URL are you seeing the SSL error message at, exactly? I can't see any problems with the SSL certificate on xo1's cPanel, so I'm not so sure why you would be seeing this.

Thank you,
I'm not either. It was fine a couple of days ago, but now I receive the error message at https://xo1.x10hosting.com:2083/login/ which reads:
Secure Connection Failed

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

classesx

Reaction score
Secure Connection Failed

This web page is not available

ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
I can't access cPanel either. Keep getting a connection timed out error page from Chrome...

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

@ezbydesi What web browser are you using?

@jwpullen @classesx It looks like you are connecting from a mobile network. Could you try from a normal internet connection?

@Jessica.C Are you able to access your own website, or do you receive the same error message?

Thank you,

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
I can access my website just fine. It is just cPanel.

ezbydesi

Reaction score
Hi,

@jwpullen @classesx It looks like you are connecting from a mobile network. Could you try from a normal internet connection?

@Jessica.C Are you able to access your own website, or do you receive the same error message?

Thank you,
I have tried both Firefox and Internet Explorer - both have worked fine up until this problem started.

ezbydesi

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you,
The only difference in what I see in the FF browser and IE is that in IE I see the following:

This page can’t be displayed
Whereas in FF I see:

Secure Connection Failed

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
I haven't been able to locate the exact cause of this problem yet, but I've just made some changes to the servers that may have resolved. The changes will also help us gather logs to see why it's happening if it does continue. Can you try to access cPanel again and let me know whether it fails with the problem?

rue42x10

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue right now. Both my website and cPanel result in a "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" error on Chrome. Doesn't load on a mobile connection either, or on any other browser/device I use.

Jessica.C

Prime Account
Reaction score
I can get on my website but still not cPanel. I'm getting an ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT error. Internet works fine, I don't use a proxy server, and Chrome's already allowing the network in my firewall settings. So I guess for me it might not be x10 but something else, but I have no idea what :/

EDIT: Doesn't work in FF or Microsoft Edge either

ezbydesi

Reaction score
I haven't been able to locate the exact cause of this problem yet, but I've just made some changes to the servers that may have resolved. The changes will also help us gather logs to see why it's happening if it does continue. Can you try to access cPanel again and let me know whether it fails with the problem?
Bryon, the changes to the servers seem to have had no effect on my problem. I've tried several times to login to Cpanel, but still receive the following:

Secure Connection Failed

This seems to be true no matter what browser I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.