is chat allowed on x10 free accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

do.marmor46

Prime Account
Reaction score
i wanted to add a small chat will not be more then 5 to 10 people same time so was thinking why not. i tried every chat i can find available for phpBB forums all give same or similar problem
index page chat shows as wanted but noting u type show up its not the font color, what u type simple ends up nowhere , link normally on top left of forum to open chat in own window creates a messt up site and shows a weird looking index, only way i can explain it. Hover on my own test server where i got a clone of the site, everything works perfectly

so attempting to get a strait answer ,something that seems very dificult, is chat of any sort allowed on x10 free servers?? if it is allowed please name one for latest phpbb that actually work on x10, if its not allowed, it would be nice to know so i can stop wasting my time trying to find one that work on site.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
is chat of any sort allowed on x10 free servers??
chatboxes and shoutboxes are allowed - Note: some may be resource intense and cause a High Resource Usage (HRU) suspension of x10hosting's free-hosting accounts

do.marmor46

Prime Account
Reaction score
ty both for your replys, in this case i have no clu why i cant get it to work on x10 when it works fine on my own webserver, CalmirageD88 what version forum do u use? and what chatbox?.

Latest version of phpbb alot and i mean a lot of the coding changed , wonder if this might be the cause, in that case im shrewd, i lose all my settings and posts if i downgrade, if anyone can help me pinpoint the problem and make it work i be very grateful, my only other option is to build my own irc server and that will create more problems then its whorth

CalmirageD88

Reaction score
I not using forum, I run a blog.

My blog using Chatango, but Cbox may works as well.
I also use embed code to make it works, just insert it above of all website's script and run.

If you wanna register, try it here : https://chatango.com/
Hope works for you :)

do.marmor46

Prime Account
Reaction score
one of the support staff for one of the phpbb chats i been trying, signed up to a free x10 account to try and see why not working, the chat works out of the box on his account, we found out its phpbb forums
URL Rewriting that is causing the problem turn that of and it works fine, ty all that been trying to help

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.