Site loading a blank screen, sometimes images/JS not working, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

l4w2game

Reaction score
Hi,
http://www.l4w2gamers.x10.mx/ (which is my 'main' account; the one tied to this forum account only exists for reference to the normal site) is sometimes not loading JavaScript and images, sometimes a blank screen, sometimes normal.
Safari tends to also say that the server has dropped the connection as if the server is being overloaded.
This is xo7, and it is sometimes extremely annoying.

Things I have on my MyBB installation:
DVZ Shoutbox
MyBot
Social Sites

Things I have on my MediaWiki installation:
Drafts Extension

I'm not 100% sure if it's something to do with the shoutbox because it's powered by AJAX, and that's probably causing the server load, although it's been since the MyBB switch that it's been sometimes loading the 'server dropped the connection error', although the images/JS-breaking error seems to be only the last few days or so.

The blank page issue came around about 12 hours ago.

Help :) is appreciated
Also, forum bug in Safari: trying to highlight items in the post box when typing seems to scroll you down for some weird reason

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Remember that you're sharing that server with a LOT of other accounts. If there are enough sites hammering the server (crons all going off at around the same time, things that make a lot of requests running on a few dozen sites that are busy at a particular time of day, that sort of thing), everything slows down for everybody.

l4w2game

Reaction score
Yeah, I think xo7 is the most populated server... my site does get a lot of visits daily (mostly from crawlers and a few specific users) that isn't helping that we have a AJAX based shoutbox.

AYBABTU64 took a screenshotof what it's look like.

Maybe some kind of migration server system can be done if there's an uneven distribution of clients which happens every six months to try to fix server stability issues?

:)

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Maybe some kind of migration server system can be done if there's an uneven distribution of clients which happens every six months to try to fix server stability issues?
in your posts - you boast of having two (2) x10hosting's free-hosting accounts...
http://www.l4w2gamers.x10.mx/ - IP address [ 198.91.81.8 ] on free-hosting server [ xo7 ]

http://www.l4w2gamers.x10.bz/ - IP address [ 198-91.81.4 ] on free-hosting server [ wo2 ]
if you have issues with x10hosting's free-hosting server wo7 - why not move you site from wo7 to you account on wo2 ?

BTW - members of my household were kicked out from x10hosting - due to one account per member/household in the TOS

l4w2game

Reaction score
I'm considering to delete that domain since it's not really useful anymore as only a few things link back to that URL.

However that would probably delete the forum account I'm posting from?

The reason I moved is highlighted somewhere on this forum - to repeat though, I moved because x10.bz is blocked from appearing in the first four pages of search engines, there wasn't any other reason for the switch to another URL.

I'm not even too sure what to do with the site, to be honest.

I have four choices:
a) keep it on x10.mx - server issues around the end of the month
b) move it to x10.bz - vanish to anyone except DuckDuckGo and get blacklisted by security companies a lot
c) move to another host provider - x10Hosting is better than the rest most of the time, so I don't really feel like it
d) close the site completely, even though it was reset only last week, just as it starts getting up from the ground again

What's better? Any ideas?
(don't suggest paid hosting though, I don't see why I should pay for something that isn't really a highly popular site)

Hang on, edit: Can I try to use the x10.bz site and then also host x10.mx as the exact same thing (Add On Domains)?

Last edited:

l4w2game

Reaction score
Update: I'm moving the site to xo2 using my original account. I'll keep my x10.mx one up for a few days or so, most probably, and I managed to get the l4w2-gamers.uk.to thing to work which is good.

It's being done now!!

l4w2game

Reaction score
It works, but unfortunately it is impossible to log in to the site now I moved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.