My Wordpress Website Is No Longer Working?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tctblogp

Reaction score
Hello x10hosting community,

I recently found out today that the Wordpress Installation that I have on my account, which I had working fine for about a year or so, has stopped working apparently. I am not sure if this is temporary, or if something actually messed up. If I go to my domain that has the Wordpress Installation on it in a web browser, I am greeted with a blank page, instead of my usual wordpress homepage. When I go to my domain on my Windows Phone, Internet Explorer 11 mobile says that a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error occurred? The wp-admin login directory is not working either, blank page as well. I don't know what happened to my Wordpress Installation either because I did not check my website in a week. This behavior is not good at all, and I'm telling the honest truth here. I checked the x10hosting status page, and it shows no problems that happened with x04, the free hosting server that this account is on. I checked phpmyadmin, and the MySQL database that my Wordpress Installation is on seems to be fine, like the database is still in tact, and it's also like nothing bad happened to it either.

So can any x10hosting staff member help me investigate with what happened? I would kindly appreciate that.

Thanks.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi tctblogp,

I have enabled error reporting on your account, and your site is now showing a PHP error rather than the blank page. Judging by that, it looks like your "wp-includes/load.php" file is corrupt. You might want to try restoring this from a fresh version of WordPress. ;)

Thank you,

michaelw1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello x10hosting community,

I recently found out today that the Wordpress Installation that I have on my account, which I had working fine for about a year or so, has stopped working apparently. I am not sure if this is temporary, or if something actually messed up. If I go to my domain that has the Wordpress Installation on it in a web browser, I am greeted with a blank page, instead of my usual wordpress homepage. When I go to my domain on my Windows Phone, Internet Explorer 11 mobile says that a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error occurred? The wp-admin login directory is not working either, blank page as well. I don't know what happened to my Wordpress Installation either because I did not check my website in a week. This behavior is not good at all, and I'm telling the honest truth here. I checked the x10hosting status page, and it shows no problems that happened with x04, the free hosting server that this account is on. I checked phpmyadmin, and the MySQL database that my Wordpress Installation is on seems to be fine, like the database is still in tact, and it's also like nothing bad happened to it either.

So can any x10hosting staff member help me investigate with what happened? I would kindly appreciate that.

Thanks.

What version of the wordpress platform where you using before it crashed? as they are now up to 4.4.2 .

tctblogp

Reaction score
Hi tctblogp,

I have enabled error reporting on your account, and your site is now showing a PHP error rather than the blank page. Judging by that, it looks like your "wp-includes/load.php" file is corrupt. You might want to try restoring this from a fresh version of WordPress. ;)

Thank you,

Thanks Dead-i. I did just that, restoring a fresh copy of load.php, and that looks like it worked perfectly. My Wordpress website is now back and working again. If there are any more problems, i'll report back.

tctblogp

Reaction score
What version of the wordpress platform where you using before it crashed? as they are now up to 4.4.2 .

I was using 4.4.1 before the crash had occurred according to my Wordpress dashboard.

But now at the top of the Dashboard page after logging in, I see both of these:

"Wordpress 4.4.2 is available! Please update now."

"An automated WordPress update has failed to complete - please attempt the update again now."

Hmm...

Edit: I now updated it to 4.4.2.

Last edited:

michaelw1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I was using 4.4.1 before the crash had occurred according to my Wordpress dashboard.

But now at the top of the Dashboard page after logging in, I see both of these:

"Wordpress 4.4.2 is available! Please update now."

"An automated WordPress update has failed to complete - please attempt the update again now."

Hmm...

Edit: I now updated it to 4.4.2.

What happened after you did the update? Because I had this same thing happen with my site just once and after runing the update the site came back to life . But sometimes I've had to clean everything out and reinstall the platform as a last ditch effort .

tctblogp

Reaction score
What happened after you did the update? Because I had this same thing happen with my site just once and after runing the update the site came back to life . But sometimes I've had to clean everything out and reinstall the platform as a last ditch effort .

My wordpress website ran the update to 4.4.2 just fine without any problems after fixing the load.php file. Hopefully, nothing else goes wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.