website not apearing properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

sykopath

Reaction score
are there server issues? for the last few days, my website been messed up, no formatting or images. can anyone shed any light onto this issue? my website address is http://sykopath.x10host.com i have looked at the server status page and everything is apparently running fine. i believe i am on xo6

EDIT::

If i delete my site and try to upload a default website from the sitebuilder i have the same issue.
thank you

Dave

Last edited:

sykopath

Reaction score
problem solved. had to add a new line to my .htaccess file , the new line is simply the following---> RewriteBase /

gamersc

Reaction score
hey man. if you want a good looking website may i suggest a few changes?

one i would upgrade the bootstrap to a newer version. and i also would take advantage of using bootstrap features to.

its a nice website. but if this is for a business style. it would prob be a good idea to have up to date styles.

also update the jquery version to a newer version and also i would suggest updating some of the jquery code.

but i am not putting it down, just thought i would give some ideas.

also the forum link not working. it says database error. May want to look into that. or if you want you could make a simple page that states there is work being done to the forums so when google visits it wont give a error in the seo.

sykopath

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. if you can help upgrading those things please email me @dderry2@gmail.com . I have not made a website since 2003 lol. as for the forum, i deleted it, rethinking whether or not i want to use xmb or somethings else. the site is not advertised yet on google or anything as it is not complete, and has not been posted anywhere but here as of yet.

sykopath

Reaction score
hey man. if you want a good looking website may i suggest a few changes?

one i would upgrade the bootstrap to a newer version. and i also would take advantage of using bootstrap features to.

its a nice website. but if this is for a business style. it would prob be a good idea to have up to date styles.

also update the jquery version to a newer version and also i would suggest updating some of the jquery code.

but i am not putting it down, just thought i would give some ideas.

also the forum link not working. it says database error. May want to look into that. or if you want you could make a simple page that states there is work being done to the forums so when google visits it wont give a error in the seo.

Thanks for the reply. if you can help upgrading those things please email me @dderry2@gmail.com . I have not made a website since 2003 lol. as for the forum, i deleted it, rethinking whether or not i want to use xmb or somethings else. the site is not advertised yet on google or anything as it is not complete, and has not been posted anywhere but here as of yet.

gamersc

Reaction score
no problem. but right now i am not coding full detail sites due to my situation. i dont have enough room to have my keyboard in position to code properly.

as for forum, i would use phpbb or mybb. as those 2 are good forums that is free. mybb is easy to theme and modify. phpbb has some good features. just it seems like mybb has a better support team and community then phpbb does.

theiihlx

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the 'RewriteBase /' solution. I was having the same exact problem and it was driving me CRAZY. I owe you a virtual beer!

How did you figure that out?

theiihlx

Reaction score
It keeps happening every time I publish. I know that it is free hosting but it should be fixed. Does anyone know how to report this to x10?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If the script you are using is modifying your .htaccess every time you publish, there's a problem with the script. The rewrite rules should be more-or-less "fire and forget" when you configure your site; there is no reason in the world why they should be rewritten on publish.

csccox10

Reaction score
RewriteBase / Fixed my problem the first time, and now it doesn't fix at all. It happened when I republished to make some changes to my website.

Status
Not open for further replies.