Drupal 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry674

Reaction score
Hi

I have installed drupal 8 with no issues during install. When I goto main page after installation i see plain html being served with no styles and additionally clicking on any link gives me page not found. I uncommented line 119 in .htaccess file "RewriteBase /drupal" which fixed issue of page not found, but I am still getting plain html with no styles...
Any ideas?
When I look at source I see this
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/drupal/sites/default/files/css/css_oJXVRiVVXTrFDi-NoHdg7SPwktIcppdKD4eAvvmsQ6o.css?0" media="all" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/drupal/sites/default/files/css/css_Va4zLdYXDM0x79wYfYIi_RSorpNS_xtrTcNUqq0psQA.css?0" media="screen" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/drupal/sites/default/files/css/css_H4-inVMXCBkkwPMVbOb8HIReynA6yVBHY5bqSLmY5f8.css?0" media="all" />
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/drupal/sites/default/files/css/css_LWdJXqFrYTulgzDb6janmYEx9QpHyQmyxnHxSZa0u84.css?0" media="all" />

Clicking on any one of them gives me error page
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at no-reply@x10hosting.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

AidanLumina

Reaction score
Yes, I have just the same error, as well as other people here. I had to put my site under maintenance because the lack of style sheets made the site inaccessible. What's weird is that JS and all other resources work, only CSS fails to load now (at one point it also failed loading images).

harry674

Reaction score
Yes, I have just the same error, as well as other people here. I had to put my site under maintenance because the lack of style sheets made the site inaccessible. What's weird is that JS and all other resources work, only CSS fails to load now (at one point it also failed loading images).

not all sites seem to be suffering. also maybe there is problem with Varnish cache. maybe try experimenting with .htaaccess file
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=0, private, no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate"

I cannot try above line as i have screwed up my drupal folder while trying to fix the problem.

AidanLumina

Reaction score
That results in Error 500.

I was able to find out what was going on:
Error 503 Backend fetch failed
Backend fetch failed

Guru Meditation:
XID: 1933342

Varnish cache server

I have no idea what caused this but I was able to solve it by overriding the files with copies of themselves. ^^

Edit: Could be that it's caused by KeepAlive. KeepAlive usually doesn't work well on an Apache server.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.