trying to transfer via ftp from ireland

Status
Not open for further replies.

chiccoll

Reaction score
Hello:

I am trying to allow the site I purchased to be uploaded to my account. The user from Ireland cannot log in to upload files via ftp. Is there a way to create permissions for this?

Thank you in advance!

adler96

Reaction score
I am able to upload files via FTP from Ireland. So, it may actually be a permissions or user issue, rather than a country issue.

caftpx10

Reaction score
Are they getting any specific errors in their FTP client?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
The user from Ireland cannot log in...
your issue could be x10hosting's firewall restriction around the IP's country code your account was registered with - your current IP's country code must be the same - when you sign-in to your account

Last edited:

chiccoll

Reaction score
Thank you for the help. I am in the US, she got the message that she was signing in from Ireland while the account was created in the US. It must be a firewall issue, but I wonder if I can create a permission for her....

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
It's not a firewall issue; Free Hosting accounts are country restricted, and creating an account in a whitelisted country for use elsewhere is disallowed (since border-hopping, particularly in the EU, is something you can do on a lazy afternoon, and getting an online friend to sign up for you isn't difficult either). Specific exceptions can be made, but they have to be made by staff here. (Don't let the badge fool you. I'm not staff, just a volunteer busybody-type user.)

Status
Not open for further replies.