not getting emails from a site I follow

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
I follow a website that sends daily updates to my email, but I stopped getting them a while ago. I thought X10 may have been flagging them as spam, so I signed up with my Comcast account, but they don't come to that account either. Could someone please look into this and see if there are any emails in the spam filter from list@freerangekids.com? They usually used to come in the 9 a.m. hour Pacific time, but I haven't gotten one since October 29, 2015.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

As far as I know, we do not filter out incoming mail, so this should not be an issue. Which email account is this affecting?

Thank you,

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm not so sure that I understand the issue here... we don't actively filter emails that we receive, and since you mentioned this is also affecting your Comcast email, you should probably contact the owner of freerangekids.com about this.

Thank you,

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
I didn't think much of it until just a couple weeks ago, but then when I subscribed my Comcast account and no emails came to that one either, I emailed her and she checked with her web lady who said the emails were going out fine. She's using a Yahoo account and she's getting the emails. I could try with a third account, but don't really want to as that's a school account.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
What can you possibly expect people to do at this end if you've already determined that the mail isn't being sent to you at multiple accounts provided by multiple service providers? They can't "force suck" mail out of them.

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
While your response is logical, it doesn't give me any direction. What do you suggest I do? Here's the response I got from the owner of the website before I started this thread.
"Bob I have asked my web Guru about this and she said that she sees the emails go out every day. And I keep getting one every day to. Is it possible to try signing up again? So sorry this is happening."

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you try signing up again as suggested?

Have you checked spam folders properly? They could easily end up there if you at some point accidentally marked one as spam. If you have a mail client on your computer to read your x10 emails you might need to use the webmail option here in order to see all folders as your client might only receive what comes to the actual inbox.

As dead-i mentioned in an earlier reply, we do not actively filter incoming emails, so there would not be anything on our end to edit or change for the mails to come through to your account.

bobdavcav98

Reaction score
I tried entering my email address in the subscription field, and it said that the email address was already on the list, so I edited my subscription to make sure the email address was correct. It sends out an email with a link to edit profile, which I actually got. I don't remember whether it sends another email with the updated details, but if it does I did get it, but I never get the daily post emails. I think this was before I subscribed my Comcast account, and I haven't tried anything since. Occasionally I check the junk folder in Roundcube but there's never anything in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.