Question about PHP Sockets opened for minecraft ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

viralx10

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if PHP Sockets opened for minecraft ports (25565) requirements are met?
If not is there a way i can activate it?

Thanks.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
You pretty much have ports 80 and 443 (client side) to work with. Everything else is shut down on Free Hosting accounts, and no, other ports will not be opened for you. The potential for abuse is too high, and the record of abuse is as high as the potential.

gamersc

Reaction score
you are better off going to google and search up minecraft hosting sites. most hosting sites do not allows any other ports to be open even premium hosting. thats what i had to do to host my gaming site for minecraft to show the server status.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
You can check out x10VPS.com for more complex hosting projects

caftpx10

Reaction score
What should be pointed out is that web hosts with shared hosting plans (even paid) are supposed to be mainly use for web hosting. Not for hosting gaming servers.
Minecraft would use up a lot of resources and so it would be more suitable for shared hosts who do mainly allow such services or to use something like a VPS (where you would have more control and the resources would be more properly dedicated) as pointed out for such task.

viralx10

Reaction score
Thanks for feedback guys but I'm not using it for hosting minecraft servers. I wanted to test web code that would display a server's status but in order to do that i needed the port 25565.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
On premium hosting you may get it opened (more lenient rules at least), but for free hosting only commonly used ports are opened for security reasons. Less holes in the firewall is better.

gamersc

Reaction score
Thanks for feedback guys but I'm not using it for hosting minecraft servers. I wanted to test web code that would display a server's status but in order to do that i needed the port 25565.
ur better off getting a minecraft website hosting that does that. premium hostings do not like doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.