Account locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

section1

Reaction score
Account banned for connecting through VPN to cpanel please unlock my account thank you.

mydigita

Reaction score
Do not bother them, you can't do nothing here anyway.
I have the same story. Was closed off, and more cannot do nothing.
Could not even to try.
Fantastic attitude is here, this is absolute nonsense.

caftpx10

Reaction score
What message are you getting up-on logging in exactly? Also, are you actually using a VPN or proxy?

section1

Reaction score
I get....Account banned for connecting through VPN to cpanel please unlock my account thank you. I was using a free VPN so it was probably reported abuse

section1

Reaction score
Sorry this is what I got. Account banned for connecting through VPN to cpanel please unlock my account thank you.

section1

Reaction score
Gees my copy and paste is messing up I get this warning sorry for the other replys.....Access is restricted to your hosting account. The restriction is due to a substantial link having been discovered between your account and another account with a history of abuse activity.

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Gees my copy and paste is messing up I get this warning sorry for the other replys.....Access is restricted to your hosting account. The restriction is due to a substantial link having been discovered between your account and another account with a history of abuse activity.

The account associated with this forum account does not appear to be suspended.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The message "[t]he restriction is due to a substantial link having been discovered between your account and another account with a history of abuse activity" is not (necessarily) due to connecting through a proxy or VPN; it means that the system (or the staff) has good reason to believe that the account belongs to someone who has been suspended for abuse in the past. If that turns out to be the case, you probably won't be allowed to keep a hosting account active. (Note: I have no way of checking things myself, and there wont be any public discussion of the techniques used to determine "substantial links", since that would be tantamount to telling people how to get around the system. A staff member may review the problem and resolve it in your favour if it's an obvious mistake, but there's little room for "benefit of the doubt" with current plans to open up hosting worldwide and the abuse potential that brings.)

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
That's right - the "access restricted" doesn't actually involve a suspension directly. It doesn't mean that the user has access to the account's back end.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

@section1 Have you previously owned another account, or is there any reason why you would be connecting from the same location as another account? Your login is being denied because a link was detected between your account and another that was suspended a few days ago.

@mydigita I can't find your thread. If you want support, please make your own thread, rather than posting rude posts on someone else's.

@Derek The "substantial link" error shows if a link is found between the account and another abusive account, so the account stays unsuspended for a while when the link is found.

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.