Access email without cpanel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryanmm

Reaction score
I am setting up a site for my company and I would like for my co workers to be able to log in and use email. However, as far as I am aware, you have to log into "the site" on x10, which gives you access to cpanel, and then log into email after that. I am worried that if they log into cpanel they might mess a lot of things up on accident. Is there some way to allow them to use email without having cpanel access?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
as far as I am aware, you have to log into "the site" on x10, which gives you access to cpanel,
no need for that...

You can read and send mail with any of your x10hosting's free-hosting Email accounts using [ Webmail ]
by logging in here --> [ https://yourservername.x10hosting.com:2096 ]
replace [ yourservername ] with name of your x10hosting's free-hosting server

Last edited:

vlaander

Reaction score
Or you can set up email clients (Live, Thunderbird...).
See instructions in the Webmail section of CPanel.

ryanmm

Reaction score
Thanks!

Another related question... I have email forwarding set up to go to a gmail account. I've noticed that if I send an email to my coworker and it gets forwarded to their gmail, when they reply the reply is forwarded to the address I sent the original email from. Is there anyway for my coworkers to send an email from their google account that will then be resent using our website address?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Yes, but probably not in the way you were thinking. You'd need to use Google's Gmail for Work program and set things up on that side, but that would mean that you'd only be able to use a no-reply sending address from the Free Hosting web server, since sending through an external SMTP connection isn't allowed (due to heavy abuse for spam and phishing).

If you need something more seamless/less messy, you'd need to use paid hosting. In fact, if you want something reliable enough to build a business on, you should really be using paid hosting anyway. A service level agreement (SLA) and paid support staff beats the heck out of volunteer support staff who may or may not notice that you've reported a problem because somebody's hijacked your support forum thread. Hosting is cheap, especially when you compare it to the cost of losing the whole business because you tried to save the less than $0.25/day a reliable setup would cost. Free Hosting is great for stuff that doesn't really matter all that much in the big picture, but if your company really is more than a hobby with narcissistic personality disorder, web hosting isn't the place to cut all the corners; there's too much to lose and not enough to save.

Status
Not open for further replies.