MX Records Not Working URGENT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtogo

Reaction score
Hi,
I am very happy with X10 Hosting and after the years I have been with it I have not really encountered any problems until now.
I am using Yandex for Domain and need to configure my MX records in the CPanel.
I am trying to enter the following records:
  • Subdomain name — @
  • Type of record — MX
  • Data — mx.yandex.net.
  • Priority — 10
However, I am unable to have the final dot at the end of the data record. I really need this problem to be fixed very soon because I have a deadline to meet. Without entering these records I can't connect the domain to Yandex for Domain.

Please Help ASAP!
Thanks.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi techtogo,

When you're adding that MX Record through cPanel, you shouldn't need to add the dot at the end of the address; omitting it should still work fine, but please do let us know if you have any problems with it.

Thank you,

techtogo

Reaction score
Hi,
I leave out the dot at the end but the service doesn't detect the MX record as its own.
Thanks for the fast response.

AngusThermopyle

Reaction score
If you are adding it with priority 10, the system will use the entry with priority 0.

techtogo

Reaction score
Sorry, Can you explain? It says to add it with priority 10 and thats what I did.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi,

I do now see both the normal MX Record and Yandex's MX record set for your .tk domain, so yes, you would likely need to delete the existing MX record that was already there.

Thank you,

techtogo

Reaction score
I would like to thank everyone for your help. It turns out I just needed to delete the existing mx record.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Last edited:

techtogo

Reaction score
Thanks for the links. I've setup heaps of mx records before so I'm familiar with them, just wasn't sure if I should delete the existing one.

Status
Not open for further replies.