Images not loading, since transfer to web host.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caftpx10

Reaction score
Make sure the domain name set for the WordPress installation (or what looks to be one) is the correct one. The domain name it is using for requesting assets is still incorrect.

bostonro

Reaction score

Hi,
So I've been through that process, I haven't managed to sort all of them, but the style does now seem to be loading for the main / home page, although not for (all) of the others... The images still aren't loading? According to the pingdom tools page the links are correct.

bostonro

Reaction score
Hi,
So I've been through that process, I haven't managed to sort all of them, but the style does now seem to be loading for the main / home page, although not for (all) of the others... The images still aren't loading? According to the pingdom tools page the links are correct.

Hi,

Okay, so I've sorted all of the errors in the links and such, although most of the pictures seem to not be loading still, they are all linked in right and such, you can view the website here: Boston Rowing Club

caftpx10

Reaction score
It looks like the jQuery file that you are having to attempt to load has a syntax error. Replacing it should sort it out.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
By "syntax error", caftpx10 means that the file (jquery90f9.js) is truncated (it just stops before it's finished). There's a pretty good chance that the file itself is bad and needs to be re-uploaded.

bostonro

Reaction score
It looks like the jQuery file that you are having to attempt to load has a syntax error. Replacing it should sort it out.

By "syntax error", caftpx10 means that the file (jquery90f9.js) is truncated (it just stops before it's finished). There's a pretty good chance that the file itself is bad and needs to be re-uploaded.

Hi,

so i've re uploaded the file to no avail? Any other ideas?

caftpx10

Reaction score
When you download/edit the jQuery file (re-download, not using the one already downloaded [FileZilla offer such options]) via FTP or edit the file via the file manager on cPanel, does the last part of the code look cut off compared to the one I had linked to or does it look the same (untruncated)?

bostonro

Reaction score
When you download/edit the jQuery file (re-download, not using the one already downloaded [FileZilla offer such options]) via FTP or edit the file via the file manager on cPanel, does the last part of the code look cut off compared to the one I had linked to or does it look the same (untruncated)?

This is the original file...

http://pastebin.com/ZGu14JCa

caftpx10

Reaction score
Now that is in place, it looks like jQuery can now be loaded without an issue. :D
Though now that Varnish Cache is disabled, the site takes a little longer to load. I guess this could be considered a workaround.
Someone probably still needs to figure out why files such as JavaScript are being truncated (maybe there's a limit).

bostonro

Reaction score
Now that is in place, it looks like jQuery can now be loaded without an issue. :D
Though now that Varnish Cache is disabled, the site takes a little longer to load. I guess this could be considered a workaround.
Someone probably still needs to figure out why files such as JavaScript are being truncated (maybe there's a limit).

The images still aren't loading on my end? Are they for you?

caftpx10

Reaction score
It looks like they are loading, just not appearing visually.
GZ8J75C.png

If you uncheck where my cursor is, the images would fade in.
Now that the truncation issue is gone for now, try reuploading the copy of the jQuery file you had in the first place. Maybe that was altered in such a way to do what it should be doing on your site.

Last edited:

bostonro

Reaction score
It looks like they are loading, just not appearing visually.
GZ8J75C.png

If you uncheck where my cursor is, the images would fade in.
Now that the truncation issue is gone for now, try reuploading the copy of the jQuery file you had in the first place. Maybe that was altered in such a way to do what it should be doing on your site.

I'be re uploaded the file and still no change?

caftpx10

Reaction score
Do you still have the site on the previous web host so that maybe it could be compared to? I am only seeing 3 JavaScript files being requested and none are to do with the fade in of the images.
I even tried searching for 'entry-image' on the page for any inline JavaScript that might be touching on it but all I see being done is background colour (CSS) and the three image classes (HTML, elements).

Status
Not open for further replies.