CName forwarding from Godaddy to x10host

Status
Not open for further replies.

ethersph

Reaction score
I've set up my website through x10hosting so that I have mydomain.x10host.com working flawlessly. I have mydomain.com through godaddy and just want to forward www.mydomain.com to mydomain.x10host.com. I've already logged in to godaddy and changed the CNAME for WWW to point to mydomain.x10host.com. It seems to be working on Godaddy's end but gets hijacked on x10hosting's end. Now when I navigate to www.mydomain.com I get an CPANEL generated error page at my url www.mydomain.com/cgi-sys/defaultwebpage.cgi. Typing in the whole url www.mydomain.com/index.html also yeilds that error page. It reads:

SORRY!
If you are the owner of this website, please contact your hosting provider: webmaster@mydomainname.com
It is possible you have reached this page because:

• The IP address has changed.
    The IP address for this domain may have changed recently. Check your DNS settings to verify that the domain is set up correctly. It may take 8-24 hours for DNS changes to propagate. It may be possible to restore access to this site by following these instructions for clearing your dns cache.

• There has been a server misconfiguration.
    You must verify that your hosting provider has the correct IP address configured for your Apache settings and DNS records. A restart of Apache may be required for new settings to take affect.

• The site may have moved to a different server.
    The URL for this domain may have changed or the hosting provider may have moved the account to a different server.

----------------------

I use godaddy DNS and have many other CNAMES there I rely on, so I don't want to change my DNS servers for my entire domain to x10hosting DNS. I'm just trying to get www on mydomain.com to forward to mydomain.x10host.com
_____________-
Out of curiousity I tried to add www.mydomain.com as a parked domain to my account. Obviously I got this error:
Unable to add the domain name − (XID 8nczdv) Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver.

Thanks for your help!

inadim8956

Reaction score
From what I understand, you should change the nameservers from GoDaddy to X10hosting .. After that, add the .com domain as addon domain on your account. It will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.