NS pointed to Cloudflare. Error while adding add-on domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramesh_rahul

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a domain where the name servers are pointed to cloudflare's name servers
and when I tried to it as an add-on domain name it gives me following error:

"(XID 5g9rxg) Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver."

1. So changing name servers back to x10's NS is the only solution? or can you guys can do it from your end?

2. How to go about this? I mean should I contact cloudflare for this? "have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver."

thanks
r_rahul

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It is required that the name servers are set to ours, to verify ownership and that the domain is actually registered. There's nothing stopping you from changing back to cloudflare dns after though, and pointing the domain with an A record.

ramesh_rahul

Reaction score
Further query, What if the domain was not deleted from x10's control panel and the website files are still in there but a month back was moved to hostgator i.e. at registrar's end updated name-server to hostgator's name servers (since files were hosted with them) and now switch back again to x10 but wants to update the name servers to cloud flare's name servers and have the A record (at cloudflare's end) point to x10's hosting servers.

Will it work?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
If the domain was never removed from the addon or parked domains (whichever was used in the first place) in the control panel, it should start working again when the domain is pointed with an A record. However, if it was removed there, you would need to use our name servers to be able to re-add it.

The server would in that case still have information about what folder, and on which account, to serve the files from when someone uses that domain to access the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.