Disk Space Upgrade Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalmathx

Reaction score
Hello,

Can I please have my disk space upgraded from the initial 512MB limit? I had asked for this request 6 weeks ago and have not heard a reply, and now I am at 100% capacity and am unable to continue developing my site.

Please let me know if there is any reason this request cannot be done - I have read the requirements and I am certain my account/site meets every one of them.

Thank you.

dalmathx

Reaction score
bump

Can anyone help me out? I'm at 100% capacity and am currently blocked from continuing development on my site.

aviparsh

Reaction score
So I had an issue where majority of storage was filled with my mail, they wouldn't upgrade me. Maybe you have the same issue

dalmathx

Reaction score
If that's true, it would at least be helpful if someone told me what's preventing me from getting upgraded so I could properly resolve the issue. I haven't been able to update my site in over a month because of this; it's incredibly frustrating.

Edit: Oh, and apparently I can't even access my email because "User 'dalmathx' is over quota," even though cPanel says my email account is using "3 / ∞ MB" - if I'm no longer getting emails as a result this is a serious problem.

Last edited:

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
it would at least be helpful if someone told me what's preventing me from getting upgraded
someone from x10hosting - that has access to your account to upgrade it - needs to do it
###

apparently I can't even access my email because "User 'dalmathx' is over quota,"
try Webmail

How to access Webmail
in cPanel-x3 (not x10hosting Basic!) click on [ Email Accounts ] NOT 'Webmail' then at the account you want .. under [ Actions ] select [ More ] then click on [ Access Webmail ]
at Login --> chose one of the three (3) - I use roundcube
###

even though cPanel says my email account is using "3 / ∞ MB"

it is not your Email that is over quota - but your account's disk space that Emails (files) needs part of
###

dalmathx

Reaction score
someone from x10hosting - that has access to your account to upgrade it - needs to do it
Yes, I'm aware of that - however, I've been asking for this request since February 4th and have heard nothing on this forum from any official x10Hosting representative (though I appreciate your response at least). I understand this is a free hosting service, but 65 days with zero official response seems pretty unacceptable to me.

in cPanel-x3 (not x10hosting Basic!) click on [ Email Accounts ] NOT 'Webmail' then at the account you want .. under [ Actions ] select [ More ] then click on [ Access Webmail ]
at Login --> chose one of the three (3) - I use roundcube
Yes, typically I have emails for this account routed to a private gmail account, but I get the HTTP 500 error when trying to access webmail the same way you described: it happens after I select "More->Access Webmail" - I never make it to the "select a mail client" page and logging in directly gives me the same error.

it is not your Email that is over quota - but your account's disk space that Emails (files) needs part of
Right - the part that I find disconcerting is that my exceeded site disk space prevents me from receiving emails even though the mail account itself is under quota.

Since my post yesterday I went in and manually deleted several photos I uploaded to WordPress (leaving the smaller thumbnail images created) to bring myself back under quota. I am able to access my email now and continue working on my site, but I would still like to have my allotted disk space upgraded so I don't run into this issue again in the future.

tropic47

Reaction score
For some reason it seems less and less likely that you will never receive and upper level staff help here, as they either have stopped showing up at all or do nothing when one does show up. Sad

lylex10h

Reaction score
Install FileOptimizer (assuming you are using Windows), download all your images, losslessly optimize them, upload them = free space.

Status
Not open for further replies.