Does x10hosting allow CNAME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cloudwhe

Reaction score
Greetings,

I have this domain and I used cloudflare as proxy, this way my website ip address (from x10hosting) will be safe from prying eyes and other than that it reduces page request since cloudflare will caching most static resources (lessens load/process on x10hosting server , win win approach).

Questions:

1. Does the x10hosting allow this cname?
2. If not, why?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
my website ip address (from x10hosting) will be safe from prying eyes
-
IP address' of x10hosting's free-hosting servers are listed as ( 198.91.81.2 --> 198.81.81.10 ) with server names of ( xo1 --> xo9 )
no need for "prying" eyes - there are hundreds of accounts on each active server
###
-
Does the x10hosting allow this cname?
while you can set a DNS-cname - why do you need that cname (what ever it is) ??
###

cloudwhe

Reaction score
IP address' of x10hosting's free-hosting servers are listed as ( 198.91.81.2 --> 198.81.81.10 ) with server names of ( xo1 --> xo9 )
You have a point but not all people knows that, if they happen to dig my dns then someone know now (added to people who knows the ip address of x10hosting). Does it make sense? Sorry for my english, having trouble to express what I really wanted/goal.

See this as an example. For example there are 10 people knows the ip addresses of x10hosting and constantly DDoS the website(example only), now one of my visitor(who does not know my webhosting) tries to find out my ip address (server) if I'm not using a reverse proxy then that visitor knows the ip address of the x10hosting server. Now there are now 11 people trying to DDoS the x10hosting.

while you can set a DNS-cname - why do you need that cname (what ever it is) ??
I want cname so I can view my domain.x10hosting.com using my.personal.tld. When I use a simple dns editor in the cpanel I got an error that the domain does not have the ip on one of our server or not using our x10hosting DNS.

I hope they allow such kind or hope they allow us to do that for example. I had create a test.personal.com domain using cloudflare and I want to point that to x10hosting server or CNAME it.

cloudwhe

Reaction score
does not work. "Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver."

Status
Not open for further replies.