Internal Server Error / 500

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekinnov

Reaction score
Earlier i was working on my WordPress site and went to activate a plugin and got an error message. Since then my entire site has been down for more than an hour or 2 now.

http://tekinnovations.x10.mx

The following message shows up when i try to visit my site now.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at no-reply@x10hosting.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Hopefully this issue can be resolved soon.

tekinnov

Reaction score
I disabled all WordPress plugins and everything is still down. Same message. Can not access anything on my site. My WordPress, phpbb, images or even html pages. All come up with the same message. Can not access anything on my site through the web browser. All files still accessible through ftp.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Your .htaccess is misconfigured; I'm not an expert on .htaccess's in particular so I'm not sure which line is incorrect/causing problems, but if you rename the .htaccess file to .htaccess.bak, the WordPress install loads immediately. I would recommend reinstalling the .htaccess file that comes with WordPress as something appears to have modified it, which is causing the 500 error.

lylex10h

Reaction score
https://codex.wordpress.org/htaccess

Code:
# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]