Internal Server Error - Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cakex10b

Reaction score
Hi, I was referred to your hosting by family member. I uploaded my script and got this message (please see above and below). Even I deleted the script, message stays on my site http://tv.x10host.com/
Please help.
Thank you.

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at support@x10hosting.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

lylex10h

Reaction score
If you have a .htaccess, rename it to htaccess.txt and see if that makes a difference.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Nobody's doubting the error message. lylex10h was suggesting you look for one of the most common causes for that error message. We're mostly a volunteer community here who have no more access to your account than you have to ours.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have a .htaccess, rename it to htaccess.txt and see if that makes a difference.
No I don't. Please click on my site http://tv.x10host.com/ and see for yourself.

You sure?

Code:
[root@xo7 www]# ls -lah
total 16K
drwxr-x---  3 CPANEL nobody   4.0K Aug  3 18:26 ./
drwx--x--x 15 CPANEL CPANEL 4.0K Aug  3 18:17 ../
drwxr-xr-x  2 CPANEL CPANEL 4.0K Aug  3 18:02 cgi-bin/
-rw-r--r--  1 CPANEL CPANEL 1.4K Aug 18  2015 .htaccess

I censored your username for security, but there was one in there.

You more than likely don't have the option ticked for File Manager to "show hidden (dot) files." That will prevent you from seeing it. I renamed it to .htaccess.bak for you, which also fixed the problem - whatever's in that file is not properly formatted for a .htaccess file, so the server is throwing a 500ISE error.

Status
Not open for further replies.