[HELP] Email Services.

Status
Not open for further replies.

varnexx1

Reaction score
Hello,

With my website on x10, I have created an email.
I then realized that the email uses POP3.
This is leading me to believe that you can redirect your email account
with your x10 website with gmail.
Therefore gmail would be your email client.

I was wondering if my theory is correct and you can actually do this.
An answer would be much appreciated. Thank you.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
I was wondering if my theory is correct and you can actually do this
-
external [ SMTP ] is blocked on x10hosting's free-hosting servers
all Email must go out through outbound spam filters on 10hosting's SMTP server - to be scanned for spam and phishing and other test - messages with no body content - and HTML-only mail (mail with no plain text part) - and messages with no subject - and messages that just say "Testing" (or like that) - and anything else that looks "spammy" (as far as the outbound mail filters are concerned) will be silently discarded - or sometimes the transfer to the SMTP server fails - you will not receive any notice when it fails

spoofing the [ From ] header is not allowed - Emails with the [ From ] header not set with a working Email address that exists and is actually part of your x10hosting's free-hosting account will be silently discarded - you will not receive any notice

you can not set the [ From ] header to a user's email address or to your own external email address - if you need to easily reply to the emails - then set the [ Reply-To ] header (which can be different from the [ From ] header)
###

phelpswo

Reaction score
I think this is the same question that I have, but more directly can I ask this --

I have a domain that is listed as my AddOn Domain. I have an email already established there that I'd like to continue to use, myemail@mydomain.com

Can I add that email to gmail like I used to with my old host?

gmail_pop3_server.jpg

I tried using the below settings with no luck, but perhaps some of my settings were wrong (I tried all 3 port settings).

Secure SSL/TLS Settings
Recommended
Username

myemail@mydomain.com
Password
The email account password
Incoming
Server −
xo6.x10hosting.com IMAP Port − 993 POP3 Port − 995
Outgoing
Server −
xo6.x10hosting.com SMTP Port − 465

lylex10h

Reaction score
That should work as it acts like any other POP3 client. Make sure to check the box for "Use SSL"

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Are you getting any type of error message? If so what does that say?

phelpswo

Reaction score
The error I was getting was that the server timed out.

Just now, however, it is working! :) Perhaps it was because I had just created the address here at x10 last night.

Thank you for your help, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.