Requesting additional disk space please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kane1x10

Reaction score
I am at about 78% used disk space.

From what I have read, it looks like this is the place to make the request for an increase.

Thanks!

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks to me like the space is used as a personal gallery, as per ToS personal galleries are limited to using 500 mb of space for images and videos, your account does not at this state qualify for an upgrade.

At this point from what I can see your images is what is taking up the majority of your space, in fact the images alone probably add up to more then then 500 mb that are allowed for personal galleries.

Further more, it is border lining to being filehosting as there's not really a public site to accompany the gallery

kane1x10

Reaction score
Ah. I understand. I didn't clearly get that part. OK. I will have to think about what I want to do next.

Thanks for letting me know.

kane1x10

Reaction score
Most of the images were resized with GIMP and I used compression. The latest ones I did not, but most of those are not there yet. I doubt a file size optimizer will gain that much. But, thanks for the suggestion.

I did some tests last night using Google Photos with Google Drive to help organize them. It seems to work creating an album and getting a link for it to share. I then made the links in index.html to point to the link from Google Photos.

If you saw my web page, you would laugh. I wrote it on a Linux server about 1995 using vi in raw html. I have been editing all along that same way. It is simply a list of family and friends events where I took pictures and then built a web page from them to share. I did go back at one point and rebuild them with a tool called IrFanView. I had to install WINE on my Linux server to run it. It made nice pages from pictures.

I had been thinking it was time to use something new. I just installed joomla (because I am a webmaster for a couple clubs and use it there). All I did was copy the links into a single article. Doesn't look much different than straight html did. But it works. :)

Anyhow, it looks like using Google Photo links is the direction I am going to go. That will take me a while to complete since I have upload the photos to Google and then create albums. I don't have 6 hours of steady time to complete that task. A few albums each day and maybe in 2 weeks I will be done.

kane1x10

Reaction score
Won't be a need for more disk space now. Then again, if this all works out, I will probably go with Prime Service which will get rid of that. Seems well worth the cost to not have to worry if I forget to login one month somewhere along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.