Can you assist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericlaza

Reaction score
I'm getting the following error message,

"Unable to add the domain name − (XID 4ms47y) Sorry, the domain is already pointed to an IP address that does not appear to use DNS servers associated with this server. Please transfer the domain to this servers nameservers or have your administrator add one of its nameservers to /etc/ips.remotedns and make the proper A entries on that remote nameserver."

I reserved my web address with Google but want to park it here.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
Do I need to place tech reviewers.net there instead?
-
as a security and verification test - to prevent users from attempting domain hijacking - x10hosting has set the requirements for free-hosting accounts - you need to set the DNS (Domain Name System) [ NS ] records (for your domain) to x10hosting's nameservers [ ns1.x10hosting.com ] and [ ns2.x10hosting.com ] for all [ Addon ] or [ Parked (same as 'Aliases')] domains - instead of DNS [ A ] or [ CNAME ] record - before you can add the domain (in cPanel) as an [ Addon ] or [ Parked (same as 'Aliases') ] domain

just adding an DNS [ A ] and/or [ CNAME ] record will not work

after you have added the domain to your x10hosting account - you can change the domain's DNS zone (A Records, CNAME records, etc.) with the [ Advanced DNS Editor ] at cPanel-x3's home page - you can revert back to your own (or other) nameservers afterwards if you prefer
###

Status
Not open for further replies.