how do i request unmetered disk space?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sobakix2

Reaction score
seems people keep asking this question over and over again, with no clear answer yet.

ps: our site is up and running since day 1, the 7 day soaking period is over, all the minor code modifications to avoid excessive resource consumption are already made.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
The request process is as simple as opening a thread and asking, in the support forum where you posted this.

We then check on the account to see if the user does indeed qualify (both by checking the actual site and by checking the files on the account to see space used etc).

I have taken a look on your account, and you do indeed qualify so I have gone ahead and upgraded your account, you should see this reflected shortly.
Keep in mind though this gallery limitation as per our ToS:
ToS said:
Personal Image and Video Galleries
Personal galleries are limited to 500MB of disk space for images and videos.

Images that enhance text in articles are not counted towards the limit, it would be the images in your "galleries" folder that would be checked against this only.

sobakix2

Reaction score
The request process is as simple as opening a thread and asking, in the support forum where you posted this.

We then check on the account to see if the user does indeed qualify (both by checking the actual site and by checking the files on the account to see space used etc).

I have taken a look on your account, and you do indeed qualify so I have gone ahead and upgraded your account, you should see this reflected shortly.
Keep in mind though this gallery limitation as per our ToS:

Images that enhance text in articles are not counted towards the limit, it would be the images in your "galleries" folder that would be checked against this only.

Anna, thank you for the prompt response and clarification. Would you please elaborate a bit before we go live, as we wouldn't like to wake up one day and see our site locked up.

The 'galleries' folder name was just inherited from the software we used long ago. In fact those images indeed enhance the articles, that are stored in the database (you might want to have a look at the *_site db, galleries table. i know the descriptions are gibberish but you will get the idea). the images are just kept together for simplicity.

It is exactly the 'galleries' directory that has to be fully populated, currently we're like little over 3Gb with very slow growth.

Please advise if you still see this being in breach of ToS, we would have to consider other options.

Status
Not open for further replies.