Help please - disk space increase request

Status
Not open for further replies.

wardssto

Reaction score
Hello,

I am very close to my 512 MB disk space limit, so I am not able to continue my website design. I need your help to increase my allowed disk space. I made a request in this forum before, but got no response.

Please help, or let me know if I need to post my request in a different area.

My domain is: wardsstore.x10host.com

Thank you,
R.Ward

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Could you please explain further why it is an exact dupblicate of another site, except for the disclaimer saying it is not that other site?

The big question I guess is why you need free hosting to develop when it appears to be the exact same as is already live. I would assume the current host provides enough space to do separate development on a subdomain for instance.

wardssto

Reaction score
Could you please explain further why it is an exact dupblicate of another site, except for the disclaimer saying it is not that other site?

The big question I guess is why you need free hosting to develop when it appears to be the exact same as is already live. I would assume the current host provides enough space to do separate development on a subdomain for instance.

Anna, thank you for your quick reply.
The other website is running with an old versions. We are also currently using GoDaddy premium hosting. so the purpose of using x10hosting is 2 fold.
1) Use as staging site to upgrade, test and make necessary changes to our custom theme and make sure all the extensions we use work correctly.
2) Since this is a fairly small store we may want to try to save money in the future and switch from GoDaddy to x10hosting and move our domain name.

So far x10hosting site has been very helpful in identifying issues with the upgrades, but as I said we have run out of room with the initial 512MB allowed space.

Best Regards,
R Ward

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Just to verify this is accurate, I sent in a request to confirm via the contact form on the GoDaddy hosted site; it has an @x10hosting.com email listed as a contact and a quick description for a confirmation. Please reply to that as soon as possible.

Once confirmed that it's legitimate we'll bump it up without a problem; we're taking the 'safe' route here mostly because we've had issues with similar situations in the past which ended up being for phishing pages, which put us in an unfortunate position. I apologize for the delays on this in any case, and as soon as we receive the response confirming it's good, we'll get it taken care of.

wardssto

Reaction score
Livewire, thank you for your reply.

I completely understand your concern. Unfortunately we have not yet received your message from the Contact Us form. We will be watching for it. We have had issues in the past with the website not sending emails like it supposed to do. That is one of the things that prompted us to upgrade. Originally we found that the GoDaddy hosting had somehow lost our cronjob, once we added it back the emails started working again. Anyway that is not your problem. We will do some tests on it to see if the email issues have returned so I may have to ask you to try using the contact form again.

I am also now looking into Anna's idea of using a subdomain at GoDaddy to finish the upgrading and testing. To be honest that idea did not occur to me. Porting the site over to x10 was still a good test and I think uncovered a lot of issues. I think x10 premium pricing is better than GoDaddy, and as I said since this is a small store we need to keep website costs to a minimum.

Thank you.

Last edited:

wardssto

Reaction score
Livewire,
We tested the contact form and it seems to be working so we are not exactly sure why we didn't get your message. Perhaps it was mistakenly filtered by our email client. Anyway, can you please go to the Live store and try sending your message again through the Contact Us form.
Thank you very much.
R. Ward

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
I resent the contact form; I was away unexpectedly and didn't see the reply earlier. I did have a link to the forum topic in the first one I sent; I removed it to see if that helps, and also shortened the message up significantly.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Perfect; by the time this message posts, you should be on unmetered. Thanks for your patience while we verified this, and enjoy your weekend!

wardssto

Reaction score
Thanks again, I edited my previous posts to remove "sensitive" information. Feel free to delete this thread if you wish.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
We don't normally erase threads, especially if the sensitive info is removed. Regardless, I'll lock it to prevent "threadjacking" by anyone in the future. If you need anything else, let us know!

Status
Not open for further replies.