Is there not anyone here to help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasyjaws

Reaction score
PLEASE! I should not lose my files just because gmail screwed up and delayed my mails! I was always logging in to keep my account active! I know that my files must still be somewhere! It hasn't been but a month! PLEASE DO NOT DO THIS TO ME!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately after checking into this further, I am seeing the account was suspended and eventually terminated; once terminated, we are unable to restore the account's contents as they are purged from the system in their entirety. If you have backups you're more than welcome to restore from them, but as the account was terminated we have no backups of the files or databases that were on it.

jasyjaws

Reaction score
PLEASE please check again because it wasn't that long ago, & I was really good about logging in all the time, I've been here for years, I know that servers will have a cache so PLEASE just restore. It wasn't even my fault as I hadn't gotten the notice because of gmail...please make an exception!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
PLEASE please check again because it wasn't that long ago, & I was really good about logging in all the time, I've been here for years, I know that servers will have a cache so PLEASE just restore. It wasn't even my fault as I hadn't gotten the notice because of gmail...please make an exception!

Unfortunately, I did recheck and confirmed we cannot restore the account as there is nothing to restore from. Caching unfortunately won't help in this case either as caches are not indefinite, and with the large number of websites operating on our services any cached files would have expired and been removed.

If you don't have backups, lylex10h's advice would be best, as the WayBack Machine would have the only accessible copies of the page, assuming they crawled and saved it at some point in the past.

jasyjaws

Reaction score
This is so unfair. I was a good client and in the past had logged in all the time! You should give people at least six months because in my case something came up and I was away for weeks! Also gmail screwed up otherwise in my quick checking of emails I would have gotten the email but because it wasn't there, I naturally forgot! But in time I would naturally check back here anyway! This is horrible and it's unreasonable and it's cruel. I added a new lyrics page not too long ago but now.... :( :( :(

And no, I won't be making it again. There should have been a longer period of time given!

kenny9

Reaction score
This is a hard lesson but now maybe you will make an off-line backup of any future web site you construct. This should be done whether you remain at x10 or go to another host. You are the ultimate one responsible for your own data.

jasyjaws

Reaction score
Except that the host could have given some sort of feature that allowed some more time before just erasing things! It was only a month! And again these were circumstances beyond my control!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
And they're unfortunately beyond ours as well; we do send reminder emails but we have no control over what email providers do with the emails once sent. We also provide a 21 day period where the account is suspended, but not terminated - during this time the domain will display a "suspended" page, which itself recommends signing in to view why if you're the account owner.

As we're going to keep going 'round and round with this, I am closing the topic. While I do sympathize with the situation, there is nothing else that can be done. If you have suggestions on better ways to handle the inactivity suspensions/terminations, those would be better served in Feedback/Suggestions, bearing in mind that some solutions simply won't be possible due to the sheer number of accounts created and hosted at any one time.

Status
Not open for further replies.