SSL query

colourmu

Reaction score
Hi, another happy Free Hosting site @ colourmusic.info! I've an extra addon domain, to point a similar name (colormusic.info) to the same website. Everything seems to work fine, so thanks.

But I recently received a funny email from "cPanel", or so it says. It asks me to go to
https://nitrogen.allsitecontrol.com:2083 /?goto_app=ContactInfo_Change
warning me that AutoSSL could not automate my certificate renewal. As far as I know, I have never had any for either of my domain names.
These "cPanel" people seem to think the 'colormusic' name is issued by cPanel, Inc. though both my domain names were bought through CrazyDomains.com.au. Maybe they were resellers, but maybe the "cPanel" email is a hoax.

I did a bit of digging around: nitrogen.allsitecontrol.com yields no mention of cPanel, but gives ColoCrossing as the owners, in NY State, and it traces to Cloudflare name servers. So does my own site, surprisingly, even though I use standard x10hosting name servers. The "cPanel" people don't like it:
'The domain “colormusic.info” resolved to an IP address “198.91.81.4” that does not exist on this server.'

It's all very strange to a naive webmaster like me. Can anyone give any clarity on this issue?
Thanks.

colourmu

Reaction score
Another identical email arrived, just two days after the first. It's beginning to look like junk mail...

lylex10h

Reaction score
nitrogen.allsitecontrol.com resolves to 198.46.141.114
A WhoIs on 198.46.141.114 shows that it belongs to Hudson Valley Host
Google "Hudson Valley Host" for contact info and contact them.

colourmu

Reaction score
Thanks, lylex10h!
So it's done. Thankfully the pestering seems to have died down, but I sent them a 'cease & desist' note just in case.
(I'm ignoring GoDaddy's 'final notice' about redesigning my web site. Who do these people think they are anyway?)