http port

Status
Not open for further replies.

trackert

Reaction score
So I have a php page which sends data into the web server I have hosted here. Recently I upgraded the m2m chip I use to access that php page and it now requires the port number as well as the url. However when I try to connect to the url and the default (I think?) port 80 for http the page doesn't load. Does x10 use a different port or something? I am able to access other pages so I don't believe the issue is with the m2m device.
Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
HTTP itself operates on port 80; we don't utilize alternate ports as it would require all users to add it as part of their domain name when trying to load it (such as google.com:8080, which will attempt to connect via HTTP on port 8080). We also have made no recent changes to the network configuration or infrastructure, and I did confirm HTTP is still running on port 80 and serving pages without error, so I would recommend looking either at the PHP file itself (to see if it's even executing, indicating that a connection was made but something's erroring out), or the hardware you upgraded.

trackert

Reaction score
Hmm is there some code code in the php file that is related to the incoming port? My file is still working with the older devices and the new devices successfully contact other webpages. I'm rather new to php and could be missing something.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
No, but if the PHP code is erroring out, it may technically be working but not completing execution of the script. I would recommend altering the file slightly to write to a file when accessed, and see if that file is being written to when trying to load it - if the file is not being written to, then it's not the PHP file as it's never getting that far.

trackert

Reaction score
I also noticed that from a command terminal I can ping a regular webpage but I cannot ping any of the pages I have hosted here. Is there some snippet of code that I should be including to respond to a ping? It's possible that the m2m module now attempts to ping the webpage first and upon not receiving a response stops trying to connect.

Status
Not open for further replies.