Account suspended for no reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

clusterb

Reaction score
I created an account on this web host this afternoon. I just got a notification that my domain was suspended due to 'being linked to another account with a history of abuse'... But I've never used this platform prior to today. What's going on?

Last edited:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like a proxy or VPN was enabled during signup; this caused the account to be suspended immediately after you logged in from a blacklisted country, and also caused it to be linked to other users who had used that proxy/vpn. We are not able to unsuspend the account as a result.

lylex10h

Reaction score
I don't work for x10 but my guess would be that accounts created with a VPN have a history of abuse. There's also this thing about accessing multiple accounts from a single location (a VPN). Check the TOS link at the bottom of the page.

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Lyle hit it right on the head; we don't hate VPN's and proxies, but we do hate the absurd level of abuse we see originating from them. The majority of those users are also using them to try to get around the country restrictions we were forced to put in place due to excessively high levels of abuse originating from those countries as well (or in at least one country's case, because we legally can't do business with anyone in that country thanks to sanctions applied by the US government).

In the end, we were left with a relatively simple choice: sacrifice server stability and allow abuse to effectively run un-checked (since we'd basically be doing nothing but fighting abuse 24/77), or block VPN's and proxies to curtail a significant amount of abuse. We chose the latter. We do investigate any dispute involving vpn/proxy usage suspensions to see if it can be lifted, but we make no guarantees that it can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.