Backup files go missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghardin

Reaction score
I have a live Joomla sandbox site and I use Akeeba backup to take daily backups. Lately those backup files are missing the next day. I took a backup yesterday afternoon and needed to restore it today and it is gone. I verified it was there thru mt FTP client AND with the file manager in Cpanel because this is happening everyday.Can any staff member help in determining what might be happening? These backups are fairly large 60-70mbs and if for some reason that means they get deleted, I need to know that so I can take necessary steps. If there is no server side issue then I will contact Akeeba for more insight

kenny9

Reaction score
From the Terms of Service, found under the "Legal" tab at the bottom right of each page:
Hosting accounts may not be used to store backups, personal files, or non-web accessible files. Any files hosted on the account must be directly related to the website the account is intended for. Files over 10MB in size will be automatically removed from non-upgraded accounts.

ghardin

Reaction score
The backup is generated directly from the website itself and is directly related to the website. It is NOT a personal file of any kind. It contains the website files and a backup of the database. Am I to understand that I am NOT allowed to backup my own site?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Backups are best of use stored offsite and uploaded back if/when needed. Storing the backups on your account would defeat the purpose of a backup I'd say.

You can backup your site as much as you want, just not store them on the server, all files over 10mb are removed periodically, when the file is four hours old it will be removed in the next maintenance run.

ghardin

Reaction score
As I am working on this site, I often make changes, maybe several times a day, so that I do not lose the work up to that point. So backups, on the site, are very important, so that I can restore easily if something gets broken. Having to upload and download them each time really is a poor use of my time. I can understand the regular cleanup, but would suggest it be done once in a 24 hr period rather than several times a day. Then we can make our offsite copy at the end of the day without fear of losing important information.

Status
Not open for further replies.