Twitter blocking X10 free sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

addozone

Reaction score
I'm trying to submit a tweet containing a url link to any of my X10 pages.

No joy. I get this message: "This request looks like it might be automated. To protect our users from spam and other malicious activity, we can't complete this action right now. Please try again later."

There is no automation of twitter requests on my site, and I get the same message when I try to submit a link to any page on my site from my account on the main twitter timeline.

Edit: I tried to tweet links to several other X10 users sites and they're all blocked with the same message. It seems twitter is blocking anything with *.x10host.com/ in the url.

If I submit a tweet with a link to yahoo.com, everything works great.

Is this an existing X10–Twitter issue, or is this an issue that we need to take up with Twitter regarding our sites? Anyone know? Anyone able to submit tweets from their sites today?

Thx.

Last edited:

caftpx10

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, X10 have tried resolving the issue with Twitter but it never got removed from the blacklist. My guess is because of the amount of malicious sites being hosted for free under 'x10host.com' in the past.
(Also.. while it isn't so much on topic, you may want to remove the link to your site. Start a new conversation with me here privately for the details.)

addozone

Reaction score
If I recall correctly, X10 have tried resolving the issue with Twitter but it never got removed from the blacklist. My guess is because of the amount of malicious sites being hosted for free under 'x10host.com' in the past.
(Also.. while it isn't so much on topic, you may want to remove the link to your site. Start a new conversation with me here privately for the details.)
Thanks for the feedback. Disappointing news but good to know.

kenny9

Reaction score
I am not a Twitter user, but I have had this happen in other instances. I was able to get a workaround by placing brackets around the x10 URL with a note to remove the brackets when entering the URL into the browser search window (example: <myurl.x10.mx>).

addozone

Reaction score
I am not a Twitter user, but I have had this happen in other instances. I was able to get a workaround by placing brackets around the x10 URL with a note to remove the brackets when entering the URL into the browser search window (example: <myurl.x10.mx>).
Thanks for replying. I had thought about un-hotlinking (is that a word?) the x10 link but that kind of additional friction is bad for click-throughs. It occurred to me that for the thumbnail images associated with the link, I can just move them to a free non-X10 site like flickr, or link to them at source. That made me think that I might be able to work around twitter's Trump-wall by using a non-X10 url in the twitter message that is a redirect to my X10 site. Twitter might look for that, but it doesn't take much effort to try. The tricky part is managing the dynamic url parameters. That's what I'm noodling with now.

Wide open to any other creative solutions.

P.S. I've also asked twitter to whitelist my site. That would be the best solution. We'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.