Creating subdomain not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

juninquig73

Reaction score
I'm new to x10hosting. I have a WordPress installed on my free hosting site and it is located in my wp folder. What I want to do is to create a subdomain bearing blog.mydomain.x10.bz pointing to mydomain.x10.bz/wp

What I just want is to hide the mydomain.x10.bz/wp from the browser. I don't go for redirection as it will only show mydomain.x10.bz/wp

I tried creating a subdomain and it automatically adds a record in DNS zone blog.mydomain.x10.bz but when I access the subdomain it shows the content of the folder cgi-bin/ subfolder instead.

Any assistance would most likely be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
When creating the subdomain, make sure you put /wp as your document root. The default would be to create a folder called blog (the subdomain part of the domain) and point towards that.

One option you have now is to simply move your wordpress files to the folder the subdomain points at, the other is to change where the subdomain points.

Note though that in both cases you also need to update the wordpress configuration to reflect the domain you want it to use, otherwise it will fail.

On a side note, the forum account you currently post from is not linked to any hosting account, it would be adviced that you always use the linked account for support so we can look up necessary information about your account in order to give the best possible help.

If you do not know what forum account is attached to the hosting you can see information, if you login to the portal and go to "Get Support" -> "Visit Forums". This will provide you with information about currently linked forum account, password for that account should be the same as you use to login to the portal.

ilonggog

Reaction score
Thank you for that modest reply. As I had stated in my first post, WordPress was installed exactly at mydomain.x10.bz/wp and I'm in fact had already posted my first article and it works well when accessed in any browser. I got it clear that I need to move my WordPress files to /blog folder in order for me to access it via blog.mydomain.x10.bz and there is a need to configure my WordPress to reflect to the subdomain blog.mydomain.x10.bz.

I don't have any idea as to why my account was not attached to my hosting as I was only trying to login using my credentials and it failed because I forgot my password, thus, I attempted to create a new password in order for me to login to this forum.

Thank you again and more power to the team!

Status
Not open for further replies.