Inactivity Times

jasyjaws

Reaction score
This forum account is not linked with any hosting, so I can't really check. The only thing that counts as activity however is logging into the control panel at: https://x10hosting.com/sso/login

Anna, I got the email, but it was delayed on their end. Not x10's part. So I missed a deadline. Hoping the owner can restore as he would be the only one who could go in like that...

longbich

Reaction score
I hope it's a happy and productive year for x10 members. Mostly it seems like everything is going fine here and even better than it's going for our wonderful planet and the silly folks who inhabit it.

jasyjaws

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the admin/owner of x10 to get back to me. I know that there's always a backup and it kinda touches on what I've always heard repeated over and over about how anything you do online has got a trail and you can't erase your tracks etc. In my case I'm holding onto that hope because of course I'd want everything I created to be there. If it's a question of money, this is solvable.

jasyjaws

Reaction score
Could someone please tell me when the owner is usually around because I have been waiting very patiently to talk to him. With all the confirmation that nothing is ever really gone, cyberwise, I would like to talk with him. I just want my files back so I can fix the problem.

longbich

Reaction score
I am over 70. I can still walk, talk and surf and fish but can I remember to log in? Can I? Can I remember stuff? No.

jasyjaws

Reaction score
Exactly. Some times it's really a matter of circumstances beyond our control and I have been languishing waiting for the admin to reply. I know that this cannot be lost. Nothing digital and still in function is fully lost and somehow it's still gotta be there. I feel devastated.

trojanfo

Reaction score
Today I received an Inactivity Warning from x10. From where I can see I was active here just last Saturday the 9th December, 2017. Thar's less than a week so it's not more than a month that I've been here. There does seem to be some strange popups coming on some sites I have been a regular poster on. x10 has not had these popups but it does seem a little strange that I was warned of inactivity in such a short time.
I have this same question. This month (Feb. 2018) I'm sure I've logged in at least 4 or 5 times and I still received an inactivity warning yesterday. What's the deal?
http://trojanforcefileserver.x10host.com/

jasyjaws

Reaction score
Is the admin even around? I know the content is still ion existence on the servers but only the admin can help with that.

longbich

Reaction score
I am in Vietnam. I have managed to login. Sometimes I surprise myself.

longbich

Reaction score
And this is why I'm posting today. So I can look back and find when I was last here and read others' comments on the different threads. I was in Vietnam and I think I was ok with posting.

jasyjaws

Reaction score
PLEASE Corey, admin, PLEASE just let me and Scott have our files back at least! I had two different lyrics in and something I was testing for myself and Scott had a couple of gifs he lost and just PLEASE! I know it can be restored and it really wasn't my fault that it showed inactive because of the gmail issues, but Scott & I promise, promise, promise to keep logging in every week! PLEASE help and know that if I get some money together I will buy the upgrade for me and Scott!

longbich

Reaction score
There's always someone worse off than you. Looks like jasyjaws is having a much, much worse time than me or most other x10-ers.

jasyjaws

Reaction score
There's always someone worse off than you. Looks like jasyjaws is having a much, much worse time than me or most other x10-ers.

Thank you for keeping with me, yeah it was even google's fault for having email hiccups and delivering my emails a month late! I was here but gmail screwed it up. And I always checked my emails for any updates from this site. I was always able to catch up before. But they screwed it up and then tried to blame x10 for not sending the emails when they actually did. I have the copy still. But I know things are always backed up somewhere. All things data seem to always be backed up. Ask facebook lol.

longbich

Reaction score
A month late is over the top. When I am out of my country gmail and iCloud and hotmail are the ones that work. I cannot trust my local server or live.mail which seems to be just for local stuff. I can receive from others on my local email address but I cannot send. Stuff just hangs in the Outbox until you realize and then successfully send in one of those generic email servers.

jasyjaws

Reaction score
I just want my site back and for Scott who had a sort of loose connection to mine.

longbich

Reaction score
It's been a long time coming but I guess Winter really is here in sunny Australia. There's even a lot of snow. I am wondering what will happen when I really bite the bullet and sign up with the National Broadband Network (NBN). Lot's of email addresses will probably need to be changed. So many changes. x10 might not be the same old friend. Oh well bridges to cross in the future. By the end of this year, or early next year is the deadline when we all must switch to the new network. Fibre to the nod for me not to the house. Tsk, tsk.

jensen

Reaction score
Hi longbich, good to hear you're still in Vietnam, less traveling these days. Am now in Malaysia and x10hosting detects it correctly but that means I cannot login and would have lost my hosting :(

About the inactivity timer jasyjaws (if you're still reading this thread), I lost my site here too. But that's my fault. I forgot to update it. The key would be -> if it was important I would have logged in more often. So since I didn't, means it wasn't that important to me. Now I cannot get into the hosting but still can drop by and chit chat with longbich :) and some others too.

Also I drop by once a month, more or less. So when it's more and I forget to log into hosting, there goes my site. Lesson learnt.

(Note: Been a member since Nov 7, 2005) and lost my hosting twice :( ) But love the community and the admins and Corey too (his last update was in Jun 2016 I think).

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
(Note: Been a member since Nov 7, 2005) and lost my hosting twice :( ) But love the community and the admins and Corey too (his last update was in Jun 2016 I think).
There are still a few of us old timers around (since 2007 for me). Things have changed a lot in the past 10+ yrs. Damn...it's been that long