Change my domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingeni10

Reaction score
Hello,

I registered ingenieroindustrial.x10host.com and I have ingenieroindustrial.org with namesilo, where I configured a cloacked forward to x10host in order to maintain the URL, but I think it is not a good solution.

So, I've already changed nameservers in namesilo, using ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

I would like to add ingenieroindustrial.org to cpanel as the primary domain. Not sure if the subdomain ingenieroindustrial.x10host.com could be deleted, I am only interested in managing ingenieroindustrial.org

Thank you

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
I would like to add ingenieroindustrial.org to cpanel as the primary domain.

Hi,

cPanel >> Parked Domains >> ingenieroindustrial.org

Anytime anyone goes to ingenieroindustrial.org ... they will be sent to your "primary" x10hosting root index.

Your URL always shows as ingenieroindustrial.org to the visitor that goes there via the .org name.

Last edited:

ingeni10

Reaction score
Hello,

The problem is that I can't find "Park domain" anywhere.
There are site publisher, addon domains, subdomains, aliases, redirects, simple zone editor and advanced zone editor.
cPanel 56.0.22

This is the first domain, so the "addon domain" would be for another "web" in my hosting space, isn't it?

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
Ow, try changing the cPanel theme from the top of the screen where it says ... "Switch Themes"

The second choice theme should show "Parked Domains" in the area where add-on ect are.

Go into that and add what you need.

ingeni10

Reaction score
I can find "switch theme" in "dashboard". But I can only select "basic" or "x10x3". And the second one (x10x3) does not have "Parked Domains" o_O

The theme is, according to the urls, paper lantern.

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
huuum, not sure then.

here's a screen cap from basic and x10x3 on my free account cPanel...

kdr6z8.jpg

ingeni10

Reaction score
Should be "aliases"? I can only configure one aliase. -> Problem: aliases show the x10host.com url

My cPanel is like this

an0my1.jpg

Last edited:

ingeni10

Reaction score
Ok. Thank you.
The problem is that when I write "www.ingenieroindustrial.org" in the address bar, it appears "ingenieroindustrial.x10host.com". That is why I wanted to make ingenieroindustrial.org the primary domain.

ingeni10

Reaction score
Yes, that is how it is. I mean that when I write "www.ingenieroindustrial.org" or "ingenieroindustrial.org" in the address bar of Chrome, it appears "ingenieroindustrial.x10host.com" instead of maintaining "ingenieroindustrial.org".

And if I try to create an "addon domain", I am forced to add a subdomain.

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
Ow I see...sorry, bit tired.. (11pm here)

yes when i click ingenieroindustrial.org it shows me your x10 link.

That's normal .. same happened to me ... all looks good, you'll just have to wait anything up to 48 hours for the domain name DNS changes / updates to catch up.

:)

Last edited:

ingeni10

Reaction score
I'll wait 2 days then, and if it doesn't work, I'll try with the "addon domain". Unless any admin tells me another thing...

Thank you very much for your help.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I see you use wordpress, you will need to go into configuration and set it to use the .org domain, as it is now your wordpress installation seem to be configured to have the x10host.com as its main domain and thus will redirect all incoming traffic to that domain.

Under General Settings: WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL) should both reflect the domain you want to be using.

ingeni10

Reaction score
Thank you! It almost works. It only fails in the "home" (inicio) link of wordpress, that maintains the x10 url.

I've changed WordPress Address (URL) and Site Address (URL), and the "link" that appears in the "current installation" of softaculous panel.

Last edited:

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
Changes in the Softaculous panel don't always complete the task.

The .org is staying now, but the theme folder isn't linked right yet. (not all images are showing up)

You might have to change settings from within Wordpress as well

WP Login >> Admin >> General Settings >> WordPress Address (URL)
and...
WP Login >> Admin >> General Settings >> Site Address (URL)

If you know what you're doing with data bases, I'd double check everything via phpMyAdmin as well. :)

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
You might want to re-run the permalinks as well, especially if you have changed anything from the plain option, changes could also be held up a bit by server cache, we use Varnish to help reduce load and speed up pages some.

However, nothing should really have hindered the images from displaying, unless you also hapen to have activated hotlink protection in cPanel, in which case you'd need to add the .org domain to list of allowed domains

Status
Not open for further replies.