New Account, but I'm already at my max storage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ellyvisu

Reaction score
As the title says, I created my account today. In the process of uploading photos and what not to get my site set up and I hit the 512MB pretty quickly (photography website... every photo I have is 20-40MB each... so uh that filled quickly).

I though x10 was suppose to be unmetered disk and bandwidth? How do I go about getting this increased or the limit lifted? I'm very confused. I do see several people on here asking for the limit increase, some saying they've been waiting over a month now. Does it take forever to get it lifted or do they not do it anymore?

lylex10h

Reaction score
Don't worry about running out of space, files over 10MB in size will be automatically removed from non-upgraded accounts; zing. But seriously, I think they limit gallery/photography to 512. Resize and optimize!

ellyvisu

Reaction score
It's suppose to be unmetered disk space though. I have a lot of pictures. Even if I resized them, how can I run an entire photography website on 512MB.

So it's not unmetered disk space? Free accounts are limited to 512MB? I guess that's good to know. Time to find a different hosting for now.

lylex10h

Reaction score
This is clearly stated in the Terms of Service:
Personal Image and Video Galleries
Personal galleries are limited to 500MB of disk space for images and videos.

Free accounts can certainly have more than 512MB. See this thread where the user is already using about 950MB.

kenny9

Reaction score
New users of free space start out with 512MB. When they have an active web site and meet the TOS, they may request that their web space be doubled. This now applies each time the web space needs increase. The TOS if found under the 'Legal Tab' at the bottom right of each page. It is a good practice to become familiar with the TOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.