Weak Support, No Valid Justifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

inadim8956

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm wondering if any one faced the same situation. I had my account with X10 for years, and was excited about the level of support I was receiving and the uptime of the servers, which for a free account is way exceptional. But recently, I found that my account is permanently suspended on the basis that I'm hosting a WSO Shell Script (What is this??).

I'm the only user for the account, and I do know each and every file. I even don't upload any fine to the account until I test it carefully in my testing environment. I know I didn't upload any file over the past 6 months at least. But what I do is minor modifications to the existing files which I do using the editor through the cPanel.

I sent an email to the support requesting explanation of the suspension, for which I got no evidence when requested. I did request the file/path which caused this, but seems that they don't want the users to continue or go to the premium. I do use the account for business which now caused serious damage to it. It was already in my plan to go premium, but now I'm afraid to face such assumptions with a premium account as well.

I did ask multiple times to provide evidence of the access they are claiming, and the file/path that caused this, as I already scanned all my files and all came clean.

So, I'm suspecting that their mechanism of scanning is resulting in false positives that impact the legitimate users like myself.

I now know that my files are gone for good as I'm not getting any further updates from the support team. But I hope someone can get in touch with me to get to the bottom of this.

Again, this has seriously impacted my business, and as a user, I do demand an explanation with evidence of, what I can only say till now, assumptions.

Thanks for understanding.

lylex10h

Reaction score
Generally a "WSO Shell Script" (WSO = Web Shell by orb) provides shell/terminal/file manager access. These are generally a big no-no on shared hosting regardless of cost. SSH is usually a better solution.

It's possible one of your scripts was exploited to install this script. Per x10 Acceptable Use Policy:
It is always the client's responsibility to ensure security of their website or VPS service, x10Hosting is not responsible for compromised scripts or servers.

inadim8956

Reaction score
Generally a "WSO Shell Script" (WSO = Web Shell by orb) provides shell/terminal/file manager access. These are generally a big no-no on shared hosting regardless of cost. SSH is usually a better solution.

It's possible one of your scripts was exploited to install this script. Per x10 Acceptable Use Policy:
It is always the client's responsibility to ensure security of their website or VPS service, x10Hosting is not responsible for compromised scripts or servers.

I do understand this. But now, I'm not even getting any reply or valid justification. All I can say that they are pushing people away with this kind of "response".

Status
Not open for further replies.