Email Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

reports2

Reaction score
Hi,
I can not get email forwarding to work.
If I receive an email and access it via Squirrelmail or Roundcube, I can see the email, but using the forward function does nothing. I can compose and send an email successfully.

If I set up forwarding in the cPanel emails do not forward either.

Really need to get forwarding working, but am having no luck after spending a week of trying various options.

Any help appreciated.

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
xbbczs.jpg

Hi,

So you've done the above and hit the "Add Forwarder" button,
yet nothing is showing up at the destination address?

Maybe the other end is putting the emails into a spam folder?

Gmail, Hotmail etc are notorious for that.

reports2

Reaction score
Hi,
Yes, done exactly as your screenshot.

I've tried forwarding to both my work and private emails, both of which are ISP based, not webmails. My emails both receive an email sent from the account when using Roundcube, it just wont send if I forward it. checked all the trash/junk/spam folders etc. I cant help thinking something is screwed up on my x10 account, so I have deleted account, will wait 72 hours and create account fresh.
The site I am creating is still WIP so not super critical timewise, which means I can wait till later in the week to continue.

Jon

reports2

Reaction score
So, I have created a brand new account and still can not get this to work. Is it just me or does this feature not work?

Also, when I press "TRACE" I get a blank result. Should I not get something?

Jon

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
I'd set-up up a test example, but my allowed 3 emails are in use via POP. :(

reports2

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

@lylex10h its 'reports.x10host.com'

I've tried going down a different path than pipe to a program and have set up a cron job to check for emails. Not really they way I want to do it, rather the email arrive and trigger the script. Problem with this is I'm getting an error when I use 'imap_open()'

Warning: imap_open(): Couldn't open stream xo5.x10hosting.com:993 in /home/xxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxx.php on line 39
imap connection error

The parameters for imap_open were sourced from mail configuration page. The above is just the latest error with experimenting with the address/user/password combinations.

is imap_open available to free hosting?

Just cant seem to win!

lylex10h

Reaction score
It appears there is no SPF record for reports.x10host.com . In cPanel go to the Mail box and then Email Authentication. You should be able to enable it there.

reports2

Reaction score
Thanks Lylex10h, that enabled the email to be forwarded. Awesome advice.
Now I just need to get the pipe to a program working!! Any tips / settings I may not know about?

lylex10h

Reaction score
Do you have the imap extension enabled in "Select PHP Version"?

Last edited:

reports2

Reaction score
I also saw a reply

"This appears to be an issue on x05

telnet x05.x10hosting.com 993
Connecting To x05.x10hosting.com...Could not open connection to the host, on port 993: Connect failed

telnet xo7.x10hosting.com 993
works"

So I just need to change x05 to xo7, or I am stuck on the 05 server and I cant make this happen?

lylex10h

Reaction score
Ignore that reply. That was a typo.

Try localhost:993 or 127.0.0.1:993 (might be some firewall rule about outbound connections even though it's local). I guess try later versions, I'm not a programmer, just know some things.

reports2

Reaction score
Mate, this is doing my head in!

localhost:993 or 127.0.0.1:993 same result. Ive even tried without the port#
switch to latest version of PHP, same result, just don't get the Warning, just the "imap Connection error" message.

lylex10h

Reaction score
I installed SquirrelMail with Softaculous using xo7.x10hosting.com with port 993 with SSL/TLS and was able to successfully log in and check an email account for @kolbys.x10host.com . SquirrelMail is just a PHP IMAP client. I would recommend looking over their code.

reports2

Reaction score
Still none the wiser. I cant understand why I cant wok this out!

When I pit in my details to log in ,......
upload_2018-6-28_20-23-1.png

reports2

Reaction score
I guess I should close this thread as the original question re email forwarding has been resolved by enabling SPF records.
I will start a new thread regarding accessing imap with PHP

Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.