A quick question for everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauwiksx

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to successfully use a CDN here in Free Hosting Account?

Not Cloudflare. I mean KeyCDN.

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
Hi, just another free member here..

You have two posts in a row (rather than just adding to your first post) about a paid CDN vs the free Cloudflare.

Why? You're on a free account presumably because you don't want to pay for hosting, yet you'll pay for a CDN?

What's really going on here? Stealth advertising?

caftpx10

Reaction score

You have two posts in a row (rather than just adding to your first post) about a paid CDN vs the free Cloudflare.

Why? You're on a free account presumably because you don't want to pay for hosting, yet you'll pay for a CDN?

8Ztl7e8gr3.png

A redirect to an affiliate link at a CDN. The website that is linked to funny enough uses Cloudflare and isn't hosted at X10Hosting either.

mauwiksx

Reaction score

For the record: I am not registered on a Free Account here.

Recently I just came across this Premium CDN and they offer a free trial. I had a free hosting account from another provider and they blocked a CDN I used for some reason.

I am a new Affiliate here. And If I invite people here, I need to understand the comparison of each and another provider.

mauwiksx

Reaction score
I used to have a free account here but it didn't work out. And now I'm trying to know if I could try another luck. And I have people behind that is interested to come over too. Free hosting is just a trial play for starters. And it's useful to try it out when you're planning to hit the premium upgrade further. I find the premium host here is much cheaper than what I use now. I want to actually compare the feature and (of course) checking out as well if the community doesn't suck.

mauwiksx

Reaction score
Is this the way the community welcome people here? How can I invite people here if this is how the system works. I'm sorry if I offended somebody for some reason but what's wrong with an affiliate link anyway? Is it restricted here? And if so, You can just tell me. No need to push this stuff to absurd. The affiliate link is (by the way) A FREE STUFF and you are not even forced to try it out.

caftpx10

Reaction score
The only reason the image was posted was to be more transparent as a response to another user regarding the link posted.
There are mostly unwritten rules here but in the case of affiliate links with CDNs.. it would not be a competitor so it does not sound as if it would be in violation. However, without the further context that was posted later on.. it did look like advertising in a way.

Now, the CDN. Judging by the information on their website, unless it requires "SSL" on the origin server (not seeing any requirements for that), it should in theory work.
I'm not sure if anyone here would want to use a free trial on a CDN if they plan to stick with free hosting for a while or the whole time.

I should also add that X10's premium hosting is completely different to free hosting. Whatever happens under free (restrictions, issues, free [un]official support) would not reflect how it would be on premium. It works very differently almost as if it is a different hosting provider but with the option to migrate.

mauwiksx

Reaction score
Noted on that. Thanks for the valuable information... and the time served to answer by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.