Auto installer/cpanel errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

atastlta

Reaction score
Hey, first post here and been trying to install mybb and SMF. Both error out on the cpanel free plan

MyBB errors out with 'cannot unzip language files'

SMF has the same but it is a specific language. Is it a known issue or am I doing something wrong, do I need to simply install MyBB manually?

If it's not a case of installing mybb manually, then what's causing the auto installer to break?

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
I'm not an admin here, thus I have no idea.
I'd install 'em manually anyway. Third party installers are handy..but.
Last week I manually converted 10 years of SMF headaches into a fresh MyBB install (X10 add-on goldcoastcb.com/forum) and wish I went MyBB long ago.
:)

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd always recommend manual install if you know how to do it.

I have even came across cases where the script developers have more or less refused support for their script when installed through third party such as softaculous. Implications being they may have altered the code to work with the one click install process. Apart from that the one click installer from a third party may be a version or two behind with initial install and may be slower to notify of updates.

rmsx10ho

Reaction score
Gotta admit, lazy me probably would have used the MyBB auto installer, thus I'd know for sure if auto install was OK last week ... but my two databses were already in use ... thus the manual install adding 'mybb_' to my (then) existing 'smf_' databases. (smf_is now all deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.