Apache with Free Hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jinglefa

Reaction score
Hi,

In order for link redirects to work with PunnBB, I require the Apache web server to run my X10 website. Is this possible under the free plan?

Thanks,

Noah

lylex10h

Reaction score
Yes, the server I am on runs Apache 2.4.18. The version may vary from server to server.

jinglefa

Reaction score
Yes, the server I am on runs Apache 2.4.18. The version may vary from server to server.
Unfortunately, even when I have renamed the .htaccess file from .htaccess.dist to .htaccess, nothing happens. Are you sure my server is running Apache and allows full .htaccess redirects? Are issues being caused by nginx or some other application running as a reverse proxy?

My X10 site is:

http://agworld.x10.mx/

As far as I can tell my server is xo3.

Thanks,

Noah

Last edited:

caftpx10

Reaction score
Varnish Cache (a caching HTTP reverse proxy) is used alongside the Apache web server on X10Hosting's free servers.

jinglefa

Reaction score
Varnish Cache (a caching HTTP reverse proxy) is used alongside the Apache web server on X10Hosting's free servers.
OK. Is full .htaccess support enabled? Are link redirects enabled? If not, can they be?

caftpx10

Reaction score
The last time I checked, it worked fine with .htaccess. Didn't come across any reports of it not working anymore (the forums would be flooded with users complaining about their installations if that were to be the case).

jinglefa

Reaction score
The last time I checked, it worked fine with .htaccess. Didn't come across any reports of it not working anymore (the forums would be flooded with users complaining about their installations if that were to be the case).
OK, thanks. I've been running PunBB, but quite frankly, it's not what I need anyway. Blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.