Limitations for the free hosting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

margster

Reaction score
Hello all. I signed up for the free hosting and it looks great. Im happy to see the wordpress installation up and running with any glitches.

I'm wondering however about any limitations the free service may have. Like if there is a time limit or bandwidth/storage limit. I wasn't able to find any info in my dashboard about that. And also i wondered about the difference between the free and premium services.

I'm hoping to build a long term blog and wanted to be sure this service would fit my aspirations.

Thanks in advance.

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi margster,

Welcome to x10Hosting! :) There is no time limit or bandwidth limit on our free hosting; it's free, forever. We do cap new account at 512MB of space to help prevent abuse, but if you ask once your account has been active for 7 days and you're using at least half of your current limit, we can give you a free upgrade to unmetered disk space.

There are some fair-usage limits on CPU usage, but you can always find out what's happening on your account by going to the "Resource Usage" section of cPanel x3. You're unlikely to have any problems with this if you're just hosting a WordPress blog. ;)

And also i wondered about the difference between the free and premium services.
There's a detailed comparison between free and premium on this help article, but in summary, premium accounts are on separate servers with fewer accounts and they have much higher limits, as well as 24/7 support.

Thank you,

margster

Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you both for responding. I'll check out both of those links. :)

addict12

Reaction score
Hi
It is very good that x10 hosting providing free hosting too many features. As free user no body should expect to much but as a webmaster is necessary to know the limits in more detail like limitation of entry process, I/O, i nodes, Number of Processes etc. Before opening a account i haven't found anything in this site about this. After opening a account i found that these are very limited and not enough for a site with many visitor. Before i make up my mind to buy premium hosting i would like to know these limitation with details.
Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:

Dead-i

x10Hosting Support Ninja
Community Support
Reaction score
Hi
It is very good that x10 hosting providing free hosting too many features. As free user no body should expect to much but as a webmaster is necessary to know the limits in more detail like limitation of entry process, I/O, i nodes, Number of Processes etc. Before opening a account i haven't found anything in this site about this. After opening a account i found that these are very limited and not enough for a site with many visitor. Before i make up my mind to buy premium hosting i would like to know these limitation with details.
Thank you for your patience.
Hi addict12,

That's not good; is there a particular limit there you are concerned about? We use CloudLinux to enforce these, and they have full explanations here if you're interested. The only one that isn't really mentioned on that page would be "inodes", which is the maximum number of files and directories on your account (so 50,000 should be plenty for a free hosting account). ;)

If you're interested in what these limits are on x10Premium, please could you drop them a message on this contact page? They're usually very quick to reply. :)

Thank you,

addict12

Reaction score
Hi addict12,

That's not good; is there a particular limit there you are concerned about? We use CloudLinux to enforce these, and they have full explanations here if you're interested. The only one that isn't really mentioned on that page would be "inodes", which is the maximum number of files and directories on your account (so 50,000 should be plenty for a free hosting account). ;)

If you're interested in what these limits are on x10Premium, please could you drop them a message on this contact page? They're usually very quick to reply. :)

Thank you,
Thank you

kenny9

Reaction score
Max, your request has a better chance of being seen by a moderator if you post a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.