"Failed to write file to disk" when uploading photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

najinx10

Reaction score
hello,

I love x10 and have been been a loyal member for several years. Thanks for your wonderful service!

Today, I started receiving a "Failed to write file to disk" error when attempting to upload photos to my Wordpress media library. After reviewing threads posted by other members with the same issue, I wonder if I have exceeded the storage quota limit for my account?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

todaytx1

Reaction score
hello,

I love x10 and have been been a loyal member for several years. Thanks for your wonderful service!

Today, I started receiving a "Failed to write file to disk" error when attempting to upload photos to my Wordpress media library. After reviewing threads posted by other members with the same issue, I wonder if I have exceeded the storage quota limit for my account?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
Check your inodes and disk usage. If all is well there, try it again once you log out completely.

najinx10

Reaction score
Thanks for your helpful reply.
My inodes are only at 16,915 / 50,000 but my disk usage has been exceeded at 536.12 MB / 512 MB :(.
Would there be any way to manage this aside from purging my data?

lylex10h

Reaction score
You can ask for more space.

You can also try removing unused thumbnails. The Regenerate Thumbnails plugin does the trick. Set the max width and height to 0 for unused sizes before running it in the media settings.

If it's mostly images you can losslessly compress them offline using a program such as FileOptimizer.

najinx10

Reaction score
You can ask for more space.

You can also try removing unused thumbnails. The Regenerate Thumbnails plugin does the trick. Set the max width and height to 0 for unused sizes before running it in the media settings.

If it's mostly images you can losslessly compress them offline using a program such as FileOptimizer.

Thanks for your input. I've spent the past few hours erasing as many images as possible and am still tight for space. I will follow your advice by removing unused thumbnails.

How do I ask for more space?

kenny9

Reaction score
Make a request on this blog for more space. If you qualify, your available space will be doubled. You must make this request each time you need additional space. It is best to make your own request and not piggy back on another similar request.

najinx10

Reaction score
Make a request on this blog for more space. If you qualify, your available space will be doubled. You must make this request each time you need additional space. It is best to make your own request and not piggy back on another similar request.

Thanks very much for the advice.

bsbgrbsh

Reaction score
There is also a storage space analyser in cpanel, which shows where your biggest files are. At one point I had a 200Mb error file that used all my available space, after I cleared the errors my site worked fine again.

Status
Not open for further replies.