Why don't PHP work on this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.

planetp2

Reaction score
I have a YouTube Playlist that starts random videos on refresh which works when the file is fetched from blackplanet.com but it don't randomize when it's run from x10host.

My guess is PHP must be disabled on x10host. If that is the case how do I enable PHP on my account?

Anyone have a clue how to solve this?

kenny9

Reaction score
This may explain your "problem": (From the Terms of Service, found under the 'LEGAL' tab, bottom right of each page.)
Bots \ Game Scripts

We do not allow any type of script that automates actions on websites such as Facebook, Twitter, or 3rd party games.

I would imagine that this also includes You Tube.

planetp2

Reaction score
This may explain your "problem": (From the Terms of Service, found under the 'LEGAL' tab, bottom right of each page.)
Bots \ Game Scripts

We do not allow any type of script that automates actions on websites such as Facebook, Twitter, or 3rd party games.

I would imagine that this also includes You Tube.

So now I wonder if anyone on x10 is running any PHP scripts from they're account. What about you Kenny9, are you able to run any PHP scripts from your x10host account?

planetp2

Reaction score
Okay I found out what I was doing wrong. I was trying to run a PHP command from within an HTML file. The correction I made was to place my code to randomize Youtube videos into it's own PHP file with PHP extension then linked to it from within the HTML file and that worked as you can now see below that doing a page refresh starts a random video:

http://planetpeople.x10host.com/index.html

kenny9

Reaction score
I do not use any of the cpanel programs. I build my web site on my local computer and upload by by FTP.
A back-up is always at hand this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.