Inactivity Times

longbich

Reaction score
I will be testing out x10's reach big time in September/October. Haven't stopped my travelling itch. Canada and the USA will be okay but then to Europe including Estonia, Russia, Denmark, Germany France and Spain. I cannot remember when I began with x10 but it must have been a long time ago. My site is really for my wife's work and she has dropped almost all the elements that were involved when I set it up. Really I need to start a whole new one but y'know "I'll get round to it" when I get back after my holiday.

longbich

Reaction score
How to remind myself? To renovate my site? To remember to sign into x10?
I am taking my phone a Samsung II which is old but trustworthy. I hope it will work with the Global Roaming SIM I will install.
I will put reminders on it. I will take my iPad. Reminders on there as well.

longbich

Reaction score
It’s working in Canada. I have only tried once. Next week in New York.

longbich

Reaction score
Last week in Denmark. Scatty reception on internet. Couldn’t log in many attempts. New York worked fine, of course. Now in Berlin and it is very good. Should be okay next week in Brugge and then Paris. Maybe Spain will test out x10? We’ll see.

longbich

Reaction score
Wow I almost made it home, 3 more days and I would be safely logging in from OZ. Okay so Paris was not a chance. Couldn’t access the net. Spain was a bit sketchy at times and for the last week just south of Madrid there was none at all.
Home soon. It’s been a blast!

longbich

Reaction score
It's good to be home. The world is great but home is better. My experience with logging in in different countries was hit and miss. Some IP's just wouldn't co-operate. France was useless in many areas. Couldn't try in Russia. I was on a ship in the Baltic Sea and it was too expensive to go on the internet while at sea. Some of Spain was not viable for internet use. All my attempts were while trying to access WiFi.. I hope this helps some of you x10-ers.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
You'll have to share some photos of your trip!

longbich

Reaction score
Ha Ha Sharky I am not a fan of viewing slides of other peoples' holidays. Especially of folks who I don't know from a bar of soap. Kinda like viewing pics of someone's brand new baby. They all look the same to me.
But I just had to change my email address to an ****@icloud.com one which was no hassle here at x10.
My former email wouldn't let me reply while I was away. That's a good tip. Use a generic email like gmail or icloud or the old hotmail and you can hook up anywhere.

longbich

Reaction score
I forgot to use my new email address to login. It's a pain forgetting that stuff. Just repeat and then repeat and repeat the new one and it will stick .

colourmu

Reaction score
Here's a dumb tip - don't rely on your calendar for log-in reminders! Some months (such as December & January) have 31 days, 1 day short of the mandatory 30-day log-in requirement. I have recently been logging in according to calendar dates, so by February I was 2 days behind. Two warning emails were sent, though the robot in its wisdom sent them on successive days, mid February.

In a mild panic, I searched the forum to find this out. Maybe a clear message could be posted prominently - even on the log-in page - to alert us vague types. (Failing that, the path of the sun needs adjusting...)

Like a hypochondriac, I found other things to worry about. Apparently the x10hosting page, https://x10hosting.com/sso/login is the only log-in that counts, NOT a direct log-in to cPanel.
Other alarming factors emerged, about IP Addresses, VPNs, Proxies, & other mysterious forces.

Does all this mean I always have to use the same server to log in, & that public libraries may not work? (Asking for a luddite friend...)

longbich

Reaction score
This was different. Before I could Login I had to remember my OLD email address. My password was okay. Then I opened to the Community. To Login here I used my NEW email address as the old one wouldn't let me onto the forum.
Weird?

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
This place is so much quieter than it used to be but it's nice to see activity.
@longbich maybe just your favourite photo or 2? :)

longbich

Reaction score
Maybe Sharky. I will try. Usually when I use this method to send a photo I have to use Cortana in WIN10 and open the pic on a new tab, copy it. Then I can paste it into the thread like the one here using the image icon. But if I want to use one of my own photos I can't use that method. My own photos do not have a url:
How can i get one of my own photos up here?

longbich

Reaction score
I will also be on the road again in a week. Perth, Morocco, Ireland, Vancouver Island, Alaska, Seattle and the Okanagan Valley in the Canadian Rockies.

longbich

Reaction score
Maybe Sharky. I will try. Usually when I use this method to send a photo I have to use Cortana in WIN10 and open the pic on a new tab, copy it. Then I can paste it into the thread like the one here using the image icon. But if I want to use one of my own photos I can't use that method. My own photos do not have a url:
How can i get one of my own photos up here?

Maybe if i open a photo from my PC's HD in a browser I can use its URL there? It just popped into my head.

longbich

Reaction score
So. O posts from Morocco an none from Ireland although I could have if I wasn’t so involved in enjoying the real world. Now in Canada on Vancouver Island where internet is available everywhere. Cheers to x10 for another timely reminder. Still hassles with my email addresses demanding two different entries for logging in.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
I just upload to https://imgur.com/ , after changes at .tk I just uploaded a load of stuff like forum sig images there instead.

serennau22

Reaction score
Talking about oldtimers....didn't realise I first joined here in 2011. I don't scam the forums much these days, since I switched to x10 premium. Which was the best thing I've done. Looooove x10 premium!