PhpFox 1.6.21

Status
Not open for further replies.

russianx

Reaction score
Not that it is a big issue. But, just a question. I've used this script since god knows when and it worked. Awesome script and all. Just for fun decided to install it in 2019, for testing purposes and maybe do some updates to the script and use it one day.

But during the installation process I got an error:
  • Your MySQL version "10.0.36-MariaDB-cll-lve" is to low. Our requirement is 4.1 or higher
After all this years how come its too low? in 2008 it worked. I can understand if there is issues with script. fine. But low SQL for 2008 script??

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
It could be that the script is actually too old to recognize the MariaDB replacement properly, that version of MariaDB was released august last year

russianx

Reaction score
I was thinking the same. Probably MariaDB didn't even existed in 08. Just for the hell of it, i will dig in to the script to see what calls for it.

Like I said, this is strictly for testing purpose. No issues with host. If I can make it work, bingo! People can use it, and I get experience.

Why I'm I doing this. Well I just hate the fact that phpfox use to have good script, and they went to "Facebook looking style that's dying".

Issue have been resolved. If anyone needs it:

In file /install/includes/install/info.php

Remove:

if (!preg_match('#^(4\.1|5\.).*#i', mysql_get_server_info()))
{
$aFailure[] = $this->format('install.db.low', mysql_get_server_info($hMysql));
$this->logFile($this->format('install.db.low', mysql_get_server_info($hMysql)));
}

Last edited:

russianx

Reaction score
That's it. I am deleting my current site and moving this script over. It has all the function you need.

Last edited:

commun29

Reaction score
I would be interested in getting a copy of a working (fixed) version of phpfox 1.6.21 if you still have it? I loved the old MYSpace website and this is the closest script to it that I have seen. I even have some cool old themes for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.