Disk Space Usage Limit increase request

Status
Not open for further replies.

misguid2

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to request an increase in my hosting account's disk space usage please. I host phpbb software under one domain and am currently using 267.55 MB / 512 MB.

Thank you for your time and consideration!
Aaron

misguid2

Reaction score
@Anna would you be able to look into this request please? I would really appreciate any kind of feedback

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
Right now it looks like partial filehosting (backup perhaps) as you have a complete copy of your homedir located in a folder named "_" (just un underscore). This folder seem irrelevant to your site and makes up for about double the space taken.

If the intention is to have a backup, I'd advise you to download that folder and then deleting the folder on the server, if it is purely a mistake you can safely delete that folder. For backup purposes you really only need files in public_html, as well as a copy of the database, though as most other files and folders in homedir does have some ownership/permissons that may prevent them from working properly when restored from such a backup.

Could you please clarify the reasons for that folder, and make sure you take care of it properly. Without it you would fall under the limit for space increase so at this point the increase is denied.

misguid2

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your feedback @Anna! You are correct, that folder was irrelevant and I have no clue why it was there and I deleted it. Thank you for your help, as that solved the issue! You are awesome! :cool:

krondos

Reaction score
With this request, you need to contact support. They solve these issues. If for some reason they do not want or can not help you, then I advise you to view a list of other hosting sites here https://hostings.info/hostings/filter_page . Based on the parameters and your need, you can easily choose the one you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.