request for more space

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashcunni

Reaction score
Hi,

I am a college student, and I use my x10 website for my web design class. I need to get this problem fixed soon as my teacher will be grading our websites in the next two days. I am having issues with 2 pdf files on my site. I upload them, and they appear on my website, but then hours later, I get a message that reads:

Not Found

The requested URL /483e_web/project02/images/Project02process1.pdf was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I use Dreamweaver to upload my files. I noticed that when the pdfs are not found on the server, it's because they are not in my root folder. I have to transfer them to my root folder hourly when I'm in my class, because my teacher is always checking our websites. Just as soon as I've transferred the pdfs to my root folder and they appear on my website, it doesn't take long for them to disappear out of my root folder, and I'm once again stuck having to transfer them back to my root folder so they'll show up on my website. Could this be space related? If so, can I please request more space?

My website: http://ashcunningham.x10host.com

Thank you, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
-Ashley

kenny9

Reaction score
This may be why your photographs are disappearing. From the 'Terms Of Service", found under the 'Legal' tab at the bottom right of each page.

Hosting accounts may not be used to store backups, personal files, or non-web accessible files. Any files hosted on the account must be directly related to the website the account is intended for. Files over 10MB in size will be automatically removed from non-upgraded accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.