"Gmail couldn't verify that [domain] actually sent this message...

Status
Not open for further replies.

femifitx

Reaction score
Hi all:

Lately, emails sent from my domain to Gmail accounts have been showing up with a question mark. Upon research, I learned that this is due to an SPF record not being specified. I went into cPanel and enabled SPF, then went to Cloudflare and added the SPF record generated to my DNS entries there. Still, the issue persists. Any idea on what I could be doing wrong?

femifitx

Reaction score
What's the domain?

This is a private (non-x10hosting) domain. It has to do with the new policy Google implemented that now treats domain-based emails as suspicious unless DKIM and SPF records are set. I've made the necessary SPF edits, but the changes are not reflected yet. Maybe I just need to wait for the edits to propagate across the server or something...

lylex10h

Reaction score
You can compare your records with mine as an example. Kolbys.net selector:defualt

Passes on Mxtoolbox.com

femifitx

Reaction score
You can compare your records with mine as an example. Kolbys.net selector:defualt

Passes on Mxtoolbox.com

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried again (even used yours as a template) and nothing seems to work.

Did you change that record in Cloudflare? And doesn't it differ from what x10hosting.com's email authentication gives? The SPF record generated through x10hosting's email authentication passes on Mxtoolbox.com, yet the issue persists. Do I have to wait a while or should it be near-instantaneous?

lylex10h

Reaction score
The less information you provide, the less information I can provide. In order to properly assist you, please provide the domain name that you are having this issue with.

femifitx

Reaction score
Thanks lylex10h, but I gave up on it a couple of days ago and just went with a separate mail system instead. Btw, this has nothing to do with the specific domain (like I mentioned, x10hosting emails suffer the same fate).

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.